Open Club  ·  25 members  ·  Free

Journals

Anxiety Help - Journal

Although I am now negative it doesn't mean I am symptom free!  Got the runs (TMI), I still tire VERY easily and the body aches are still here.  But mentally it helps a lot.

The kids didn't want to hug me and they kept their masks on indoors.  But I respect their choices and didn't berate them or tell them their precautions were silly.  We still had a very nice visit.  And my nephew gave my son a haircut!  For some reason that was really heartwarming.

I will hug them in a few months after we are vaccinated.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you everyone. My chest still hurts some but everything else is gradually getting a bit better each day. My brother is feeling better too. I think my nephew is getting retested tomorrow. Hop

Hey! So, I didn't get the job I went on the second interview for.  Apparently they told the staffing agent that I was "a GREAT interview!" and they really liked me but they are looking for "the p

BTW, I got the job. I started Wednesday. 

I went on an in-person job interview.  The man interviewing me brought me into an office and closed the door despite there being a sign on the door that said "Maintain 6 feet of distance.  Only one person at a time allowed in the office".  His mask kept slipping down under his nose.  We were in there with the door closed for about 20 minutes.  We sat about 4 feet apart the whole time.

If I hadn't already had Covid I'm pretty sure I'd have it now, especially since one out of every three people in my county are infected.

WHY won't people follow safety protocols?  WHY are so many businesses only pretending to follow the recommendations?  WHY aren't the protocols being enforced?

No wonder we can't get a handle on this pandemic.

Edited by boltnrun

I'm sick again 😞  Same symptoms I had before, just as bad as they were before.  I don't know that this is a new infection.  I'm presuming it's just a continuation of the original infection.  I had two good weeks and now I'm down again.

I have to push through, though, because I have an interview tomorrow for a great job.  I'll load up on caffeine, antihistamines and pain killer and power through because I have to.

Got a second interview tomorrow.  I've had two second interviews during this job search with other companies and haven't gotten the job.  But I'm hopeful!

10 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Got a second interview tomorrow. 

Nice!!

10 hours ago, boltnrun said:

I've had two second interviews during this job search with other companies and haven't gotten the job.

Oh.

Still a good sign, though!

Hey!

So, I didn't get the job I went on the second interview for.  Apparently they told the staffing agent that I was "a GREAT interview!" and they really liked me but they are looking for "the perfect fit".  Which I get.  

I do believe there's a degree of ageism going on in some cases.  Everyone at that company except the owners appeared to be young to mid 20s.  So almost-55-year-old me would not have blended in very well.

However...I had a phone interview on Monday for a different position.  And despite only doing a 30 minute phone interview (no video), they called the staffing agent and said they wanted to offer me the position!  I need to pass a drug screen and a background check and once those results are in I am to start February 15th.  I'm not worried about the drug screen at all (lulz) but I had some credit issues about 6 or 7 years ago.  All of that has been resolved for quite some time but I hope that isn't reason enough to deny me the position.  And I didn't write bad checks or do anything criminal, I just got behind on bills because I was out of work for a few months.  However, I've paid all of that off and haven't had a single late payment since 2014.

Everything should be confirmed by the middle of next week.  Here's hoping it all goes well!

• Like 3

Thank you!

I also am happy that I can get out of this house...BUT, there are almost no rentals available right now.  It's crazy how few properties there are.  I have to try to be patient, I guess.

And I do need to get out of here.  I love my brother dearly but we are starting to grate on each other.  Any conversation with him is basically a monologue where he'll go on and on for 15 to 30 minutes straight.  And if I try to insert a comment he complains that I "interrupted" him!  Well, I've been listening for 15 minutes straight!  When do I get a turn?  He does this to his kids too, just talks and talks and talks at them and all they get to say is "uh huh" or "that makes sense".  He's downstairs right now talking at his son and it's been him non stop for about 20 minutes.  And he's getting annoyed at my cat (understandably) because she is extremely vocal and will meow over and over and over.  It's more like a howl and since he works from home I can definitely understand why he gets annoyed.

All I need is one or two properties that meet the needs of me and my cousins.  But we can't even find that!  However it's only been a few days so I will keep searching.  I would love to be in a new place by mid-March.

11 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

And he's getting annoyed at my cat (understandably) because she is extremely vocal and will meow over and over and over.

Your cat sounds a lot like your brother 😄

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been on here a lot because the company I just started working for did not setup access to the required computer programs for me. I have literally been sitting in a chair doing absolutely nothing for the past 8 days.  It's been hellishly boring.

Hoping sometime next week I'll be able to be trained and then do some actual work.

1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

So I've been on here a lot because the company I just started working for did not setup access to the required computer programs for me. I have literally been sitting in a chair doing absolutely nothing for

Sounds like my first week in the office at my current job!!