Got an Infraction. Two questions:

1. Is it possible to know, which post (or specific passage) caused the infraction? I do not intend to challenge the verdict or otherwise defend myself. However, it is a bit hard to learn anything from it, if I have to guess myself about what exactly was considered "disrespect" in my 30+ posts.
  2. What are the consequences, I got "5 points" – what does any of this mean?

Sorry, new to forums like this in general, still learning the rules.

I would PM a mod and they can tell you exactly what the infraction was and where it occurred.

If it's "disrespect", it means that your post was removed for flaming someone, or at least it was damn near flaming to be interpreted that way. I've been on this forum a long time and used to be way way more hot headed so I have a couple paged of expired flaming infractions at this point.

I think if you get x number (don't remember) of active points, you get banned. But the points expire after a certain number of months.

I would PM a mod and they can tell you exactly what the infraction was and where it occurred.

Can't PM for now, unfortunately, but I think I will just to be sure about, which part was the problem. Thanks!

Thanks for the link. Only thing I can think of is "calling out" one of the regulars on their projecting and unnecessarily harsh language. But anyway, will wait 'till I can PM the mod and ask. No point playing the guessing game.

someone can blow the whistle on you by hitting that triangle at the bottom of every post.[/url]

Infraction messages include a link to the original post and the full text of the post in question. I think if you read that text it will be very clear for you why you got the infraction.