Can't send a private message

I would like to send another member of the forum a private message, however I cannot figure it out.

I get this message:

"awkpanda, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Any ideas how long it takes to get the profile activated? Is this even the issue?

Thanks

I would like to send another member of the forum a private message, however I cannot figure it out.

I get this message:

Any ideas how long it takes to get the profile activated? Is this even the issue?

Thanks

Yes, you need a certain amount of posts to be able to use the PM system. That number is never disclosed to discourage bots from being able to use the system.

However, if you need to contact the admin look at the bottom of the main page and see where it says “contact us.”

Also some members have their PM system turned off. If the person you’re trying to reach has their PMs system turned off you won’t be able to reach them.

Yes, you need a certain amount of posts to be able to use the PM system. That number is never disclosed to discourage bots from being able to use the system.

However, if you need to contact the admin look at the bottom of the main page and see where it says “contact us.”

Also some members have their PM system turned off. If the person you’re trying to reach has their PMs system turned off you won’t be able to reach them.

Thanks. If you have your PM system turned on, would you be able to send me a test message just to see if I can respond?

I just need to reach out to one of the other users, not an admin.

Thanks. If you have your PM system turned on, would you be able to send me a test message just to see if I can respond?

I just need to reach out to one of the other users, not an admin.

I will turn my mine on for a min to see.

It also might be in your settings? I just looked around on the site and found the "private message" bar popped up on names with less posts than you. Or maybe it has to do with how long you've been on ENA? Just a lay person here who has the understanding of technology roughly on par with an 19th century farmer.

It also might be in your settings? I just looked around on the site and found the "private message" bar popped up on names with less posts than you. Or maybe it has to do with how long you've been on ENA? Just a lay person here who has the understanding of technology roughly on par with an 19th century farmer.

😂😂😂 I think you're doing quite alright in 19th century agrarian society terms!

The number of posts required before using the "PM" feature is different for all members

Hmm, seems cool actually - it puts another barricade for bots to deal with. But is there any range? Or is it possible that I got unlucky and will need to post 835 times to use PM?

Hmm, seems cool actually - it puts another barricade for bots to deal with. But is there any range? Or is it possible that I got unlucky and will need to post 835 times to use PM?

As I said, the range/amount of posts required is. not the same for everyone. That said, I can guarantee it will be less that 835 posts, so to speak.

Hang in there...

• Like 1