Should I or shouldn't I get back with my ex?

I like hugs

Hi everyone, it's my first time asking for advice like this,, thank you for your time!! >

Okayyy so,, on Feb 14th I and my crush started dating. We were really in love but I started feeling insecure because it felt like I'm going against my parents ( they don't know because our religion be different and mine really doesn't approve relationships) and I started feeling guilty thinking he deserves much better than me so two months later, on April I broke up with him. He seemed chill then, and for awhile he didn't talk to me.

I thought we'd still be in contact, n we are!! We are friends like how we used to be just that he doesn't talk much now like he used to,,,

I love him, I really do and I tarted having looots of mental breakdowns,, so I finally decided that I was just unsure of what I was feeling issall,, maybe that's why I broke up?? I dunno..

Anyways I tell him every now and then that I love him n to go out with me and he just shrugs it off,

Yesterday I asked him if he still loved me and he said 'maybe...🙃'

What does that mean? :(

I don't want to hurt him, I don't know if I should pursue to get back together with him or just end things once and for all?

I'm soo sorry, this seems really long D:

I really don't know how to get straight to the point, I'm awfully sorry but please do help me \>

You broke up with him, so he has moved on from you even though you are still friends.

I thin you have a choice to be vulnerable and tell him that you want to be together and you only broke up because you got scared OR you need to cut contact with him and stop hanging out. If you decide to be vulnerable, then prepare for him either taking you back or not feeling the same anymore.

It looks like he has started to move on after you broke up with him, and it Sounds like you should probably start to move on too. usually when I have a breakup I distance myself from the person I was with, to try and not bring back any feelings. then, over time after I'm completely over the feelings I reach out if I want to be friends or not

No, you should not get back with him because the reasons that made you break up are still very much there. It sounds like you come from a cultural background that dictates who you are allowed to associate romantically with and how and it doesn't sound like you are emancipated enough to go against it. Imo, if you get back with him the same feelings will resurface and ruin things again a second time after a while. Plus, once you break up with someone the relationship is never the same. Trust and loyalty are not the same when someone has been thrown under the bus once. As you can see, he is no longer upfront with you and that is a very poor foundation to build any kind of relationship. Imo, the safe thing to do would be to stop all the communication.

Imo, you need to move on and take some time off dating to rethink how you really want to live your life. If you are financially independent and living in a country where women are emancipated and not penalized for going against their religious/ethnic cultural norms, you may want to rethink what is really important to YOU as a person when it comes to dating.

If what your religion dictates goes against your heart then you need to decide what is really the most important for you at the end of the day and stick with it. Set clear boundaries and stick with them. Trying to satisfy both when religion/culture and heart don't agree only leads to hypocrisy and murky situations like the one you have experienced.

How old are you? You have decided your parents/religion/background made the relationship impossible so you ended it. What has changed in that regard? Do not get back with him only for the same issues to re-emerge and break up with him again. Jerking people around is not cool.