hunk703

So I met a girl online. same age as me 30 and nice girl.

We met a few times and even i gave her ring in January and she accepted.

Now problem starts afterwards as I asked if she would like to meet me on valentines day and she says she doesnt believe in valentines.

ok , fast forward suddenly corona started and i was stuck in milan and she in the NL.

from that time she has started ignoring me uptil the point i had to chase her and now she says she used to love someone from past

and now that ex is back. How does this happen?

Is it normal to go back to your ex when you are dating someone else and have accepted ring even

Do you mean an engagement ring or just a normal gift? How long have you been dating?

As for going back to your ex when you are dating someone else, yes it does happen. Not pretty on their part, but at least she was honest with you. I'm sorry for the hurt OP.

It sounds like you move way too fast in relationships. I hope the ring wasn't expensive, but if so and you don't get it back, learn the lesson and in the future save grand gestures like this, and expensive jewelry for a woman you've spent years with, and has proven she loves you as much as you love her.

Whether she is lying about an ex to get you to go away, or is truthful, either way, she obviously doesn't want to be exclusive with you, so it's time to move on.

LDRs (long distance relationships) are bound to fail so no surprise there.

Yes, it's normal for her to go back to her ex. You've only met her a few times so she's a stranger to you.

Consider the ring you gave her a gift which you'll never get back.

I'm sorry you had to go through this.

Why would you give someone you don’t know apart from a few hours here and there spent in their company a ring???

I have no idea why she accepted it? Maybe a bit freaked out by it? Took It and put it in a drawer never to be seen again?

She declined valentines date because you were too full on with the ring?

Then concocted some story about being back with an ex???

I really don’t know, but what I would like to know is why you gave her a ring??? That’s not normal appropriate behaviour after a few dates? Why couldn’t you have given her flowers?

What reason did you give to her for giving her the ring?

And what was her immediate response? Did she end the date soon after?

Why would you give someone you don’t know apart from a few hours here and there spent in their company a ring???

Yes, that would creep me out and make me think the other person was WAY ahead of themselves. I suspect she declined Valentine's Day because she was already with the ex or someone else local, who she could actually meet up with. It would be honourable of her to give the ring back, but as it was a gift she has no obligation to do so.

Archived