• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH I'm more afraid of people than I am or this virus....made our first purchase at the gun shop yesterday.

What? Without the protocols needed to purchase? Have you had your background check, your in class training, your permit to carry etc? I know what my daughter and son-in-law had to go through to get their licenses.

TBH I'm more afraid of people than I am or this virus....made our first purchase at the gun shop yesterday.

It seems you're not the only one.

I just wish that people would realise that this is a virus which with care and sensible (and preferably unselfish!) precautions can be contained. Not a zombie apocalypse!

• Like 1
Too late. I've gotten into 2 :)

Oh, Holly you are kiling me. A whole of 2 bottles of Sauth African wine! If I had your supplies, this is how my wine tasting tour would look like this weekend (pic below)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11629[/ATTACH]

Why not criticize your views? I'm in the young and extremely healthy crowd. I don't go out unless it's bare bones necessary. And when I do, I don't dismiss the significance. Zero to do with my mortality. Should an elderly relative, friend, or even neighbor need my assistance (which is all but a certainty if this momentum keeps), I want to be able to provide it at minimal risk to their health. There are a lot of folks out there not just elderly and vulnerable, but young and immunocompromised. I'm also not particularly interested in doubling down on my wife's odds of getting it (in your case, it'd be your boyfriend), and thus forcing her hand when it comes to her elderly family and friends. "Living alone" is hardly doing your part to mitigate risk to public health.

As for your boyfriend blocking you, it's childish. Should've just dumped you and called it a day without the games. Your apathy toward the disadvantaged population juxtaposed with speaking to him in a way people don't even talk to children would be reason enough.

Leave it be. You'll both hopefully grow up and end up in healthier relationships.

And, might I add.. that although HIS reaction may have been immature as all couples need to communicate. maybe he just felt it was hopeless & gave up- Should you laugh about this? No.

As J man said.. this is NOT a 'flu'.. It is much like SARS- which is Severe Acute Respiratory. It is bad!

And as they are coming to realize, it is affecting Everyone. Not just weak immune systems or elderly.

Have you ever heard of them being so stern- even to the point of shutting down borders & plane (travel) due to

a Flu? -- They are trying, any ways possible to stop this break out.

As many have mentioned.. Respect towards everyone else out there.

Do as asked and avoid crowds or being out there unless needed.

• Like 1

Since there's a chronic, habitual blocking habit and your repeated groveling afterwards, immature, aggressive resort to blocking behavior will never cease.

Blocking is the final nail in the coffin in relationships, friendships and family relationships. Once anyone blocks me, I envision that they're dead to me for my own mental survival. It's over, a done deal and estrangement is the harsh consequence. Should our paths cross such as with certain relatives, I am civil; no more no less. We're not old chums as those days are no more PERMANENTLY. I've since written them off for life.

What? Without the protocols needed to purchase? Have you had your background check, your in class training, your permit to carry etc? I know what my daughter and son-in-law had to go through to get their licenses.

I am fully licensed including for hand gun. Totally cleared with the RCMP. Gun safety and gun responsibility is of the upmost importance to me and the other members of my family.

• Like 1
It seems you're not the only one.

I just wish that people would realise that this is a virus which with care and sensible (and preferably unselfish!) precautions can be contained. Not a zombie apocalypse!

ever watch the walking dead? By the 3rd season it came clear the zombies were not the threat but people were.

ever watch the walking dead? By the 3rd season it came clear the zombies were not the threat but people were.

I watched a couple of the first series and it freaked me out so much that I couldn't watch any more. However, and I'm not sure about this, but I think it was fiction and not a documentary.

Though this sort of thing could be a self-fulfilling prophecy I guess.

I watched a couple of the first series and it freaked me out so much that I couldn't watch any more. However, and I'm not sure about this, but I think it was fiction and not a documentary.

Though this sort of thing could be a self-fulfilling prophecy I guess.

I won't get political as I do believe whether or not to own or buy a gun is a valid personal choice. Our household owns firearms and I've trained my wife in responsible ownership, maintenance, and operation of every one we've got. Neither of us has any desire to shoot anybody. All doors get locked, and at the very least the kitchen light stays on. I'm fine with the extra $3.00 a month in electricity letting folks know someone's home. Even if someone does break in, I'm not clearing rooms without a team, and my wife certainly isn't. If they wanna be an honest criminal, they've got 90% of the rest of the house to themselves to take what they'd please. Don't kick my cats and we're square. But they come around the wrong bedroom corner, I'm not assuming good faith.

I detail that point to stress that there are plenty others, if not a stark majority who are just the same. I look forward to having to use it about as much as I do my health insurance card after a catastrophic illness or injury. Working class folks are being told to stay home, and we've yet to pass any kind of stimulus package that would offer direct financial aid to compensate them. I know Canada has offered some very mild direct financial aid, but I've got plenty of folks up there saying it's not enough. People are extraordinarily desperate, and even if it may not be them who resorts to invading people's homes, there are plenty who wouldn't let the opportunity of a lifetime go to waste under that guise.

With blanket stay-in-place orders being issued in highly impacted as well as moderately to low impacted areas, we're dangerously mixing two very different strategies of flattening the curve and containment, likewise leading to two very different outcomes at the same time. We are absolutely priming ourselves for a second wave that may and likely will prove at least as crippling. Once the dust h

I can't tell you whether it should be with or without a gun, be prepared for the long-haul and what will very likely be the loudest collision of those who have and those who ain't got we'll have seen in our lifetimes within our privileged part of the world, especially if you're older or immunocompromised.

I won't get political as I do believe whether or not to own or buy a gun is a valid personal choice. Our household owns firearms and I've trained my wife in responsible ownership, maintenance, and operation of every one we've got. Neither of us has any desire to shoot anybody. All doors get locked, and at the very least the kitchen light stays on. I'm fine with the extra $3.00 a month in electricity letting folks know someone's home. Even if someone does break in, I'm not clearing rooms without a team, and my wife certainly isn't. If they wanna be an honest criminal, they've got 90% of the rest of the house to themselves to take what they'd please. Don't kick my cats and we're square. But they come around the wrong bedroom corner, I'm not assuming good faith.

I detail that point to stress that there are plenty others, if not a stark majority who are just the same. I look forward to having to use it about as much as I do my health insurance card after a catastrophic illness or injury. Working class folks are being told to stay home, and we've yet to pass any kind of stimulus package that would offer direct financial aid to compensate them. I know Canada has offered some very mild direct financial aid, but I've got plenty of folks up there saying it's not enough. People are extraordinarily desperate, and even if it may not be them who resorts to invading people's homes, there are plenty who wouldn't let the opportunity of a lifetime go to waste under that guise.

With blanket stay-in-place orders being issued in highly impacted as well as moderately to low impacted areas, we're dangerously mixing two very different strategies of flattening the curve and containment, likewise leading to two very different outcomes at the same time. We are absolutely priming ourselves for a second wave that may and likely will prove at least as crippling. Once the dust h

I can't tell you whether it should be with or without a gun, be prepared for the long-haul and what will very likely be the loudest collision of those who have and those who ain't got we'll have seen in our lifetimes within our privileged part of the world, especially if you're older or immunocompromised.

I guess this is a really significant cultural difference between the US and the UK. Interesting viewpoint j.man.

I'm not anti-gun per se, but my first reaction to the news about the spread of the coronavirus wasn't to buy a gun. I'm more on the "have good home security" team, however I do see the value of owning a gun as I'm a woman who lives alone.

Oh, Holly you are kiling me. A whole of 2 bottles of Sauth African wine! If I had your supplies, this is how my wine tasting tour would look like this weekend (pic below)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11629[/ATTACH]

Isn't that the way everybody does it- love your layout! Did you get to stock up? In the US, the wine stores are still open, thank god!

Finishing number 3 tonight :)

How is your cheese and bread supply? We know how yummy the Belgian food is!

Edited by Hollyj
I'm not anti-gun per se, but my first reaction to the news about the spread of the coronavirus wasn't to buy a gun. I'm more on the "have good home security" team, however I do see the value of owning a gun as I'm a woman who lives alone.

I just hope that folks will begin social distancing. You have folks in Florida partying on the beach, and others in Nashville partying in the bars. What are people thinking.

I went to the grocery store, and I was the only one who was covered with a mask and gloves. The store was busy, I did not feel safe. i will limit my visits dramatically. I am staying with my 90 year-old mother on a temporary basis, until this passes. She has COPD. Scary!

It's not about being the bigger person, usually majority of the female make up and not the males. He is a male and wants to be protective and it doesn't matter how you view it or what Google says - listen to what he is saying - you pushed him away in this case.

I just hope that folks will begin social distancing. You have folks in Florida partying on the beach, and others in Nashville partying in the bars. What are people thinking.

I went to the grocery store, and I was the only one who was covered with a mask and gloves. The store was busy, I did not feel safe. i will limit my visits dramatically. I am staying with my 90 year-old mother on a temporary basis, until this passes. She has COPD. Scary!

We were told no masks unless we are sick. I don't wear gloves but I don't touch any cart that's not disinfected. Since I'd be touching all sorts of grocery items with the same gloves I just avoid touching my face, sanitize right after, wash hands when I get home and am careful with handling the various items. As a doctor on one of the networks said -there's a limit to what can be done when it comes to essential stuff like shopping so don't make yourself crazy. I don't want to do delivery because my stores aren't overly crowded and I really wouldn't know if the person coughed all over my food by accident (which happened a few weeks ago -an employee coughed, close mouthed, less than a foot from my loaded cart). Obviously I can't see everything that goes on but if I have to interact that way with a delivery person I prefer to go once or twice a week when it's not crowded -which so far I can do here. Sigh. It's hard and we'll do this! Good luck and sorry you feel so anxious -I get it.

We were told no masks unless we are sick. I don't wear gloves but I don't touch any cart that's not disinfected. Since I'd be touching all sorts of grocery items with the same gloves I just avoid touching my face, sanitize right after, wash hands when I get home and am careful with handling the various items. As a doctor on one of the networks said -there's a limit to what can be done when it comes to essential stuff like shopping so don't make yourself crazy. I don't want to do delivery because my stores aren't overly crowded and I really wouldn't know if the person coughed all over my food by accident (which happened a few weeks ago -an employee coughed, close mouthed, less than a foot from my loaded cart). Obviously I can't see everything that goes on but if I have to interact that way with a delivery person I prefer to go once or twice a week when it's not crowded -which so far I can do here. Sigh. It's hard and we'll do this! Good luck and sorry you feel so anxious -I get it.

My mom's independent living community provides masks, as I have now been designated her caregiver(living at the old folks home)- I still keep a 6 ft. distance, as I don't think they are so great. When out at the crowded grocery stores is when I feel uncomfortable, and so I wear a cotton scarf around my face, along with the gloves. i feel much more protected, as I can't do the social distancing. I will start limiting outings to the store, as I still see people not covering their mouthes while coughing. I am not concerned about myself, but my mom and the elderly in her community. Don't get me started on my portfolio. :(

I am wishing that all stay healthy and safe during this period.

My mom's independent living community provides masks, as I have now been designated her caregiver(living at the old folks home)- I still keep a 6 ft. distance, as I don't think they are so great. When out at the crowded grocery stores is when I feel uncomfortable, and so I wear a cotton scarf around my face, along with the gloves. i feel much more protected, as I can't do the social distancing. I will start limiting outings to the store, as I still see people not covering their mouthes while coughing. I am not concerned about myself, but my mom and the elderly in her community. Don't get me started on my portfolio. :(

I am wishing that all stay healthy and safe during this period.

You are so lovely to be so supportive. I am sorry you're having all these challenges. Can I try to make you smile? My friend's husband works at the local food bank - obviously he is working so hard right now. My friend is a SAHM of three kids and she is having her oldest sew masks for health care workers.

Back to blocking. Blocking is an abrupt, cowardly act.

In my former relationships, blocking was the death knell in the relationship. To this day, perpetrators and I are at peace whenever our paths should cross. However, my former naivete and innocence had since been lost forever. I'm civil at best yet maintain a permanent frosty distance.

I don't trust those who block as opposed to behaving graciously to arrive at a peaceful, calm, considerate resolution.

Blocking is the same as hanging up on someone during the middle of your telephone conversation. Cut you off behavior. If anyone dares to do that to me, it's over.

You are so lovely to be so supportive. I am sorry you're having all these challenges. Can I try to make you smile? My friend's husband works at the local food bank - obviously he is working so hard right now. My friend is a SAHM of three kids and she is having her oldest sew masks for health care workers.

Thank you, but it is not deserved. I am concerned as I see aides and residents not complying and it scary. I guess I am a bit overprotective. It could be much worse, like how other families are experiencing, I feel lucky that I can do it. I want to take her out, but she is being stubborn. Once there is a case, we are going. I don't care what she says!

Ahhhh. I think that that is wonderful! The cloth masks are better, too! Good for them!!! :)

Hey maybe the doomsday mom is right...maybe we need to warrior up because the end of the world is going to happen July 25th!

I hope not. I have a trip planned.

On a serious note, things need to change quickly. We need to be responsible and supportive of one another. I have noticed how friendly people are in the food stores, and offering help on where to find items, as well as cracking jokes. Thinking positive!