6 Days of Joy Ended Suddenly

DenverDude

I get what you are saying and I appreciate your taking the time to respond. I am not normally so clueless. I should have mentioned that every bar, restaurant, and coffee shop is closed.
Yes, but the parks, are open and going for a nice walk, picking up some take out and watching Netflix together is also a date. (Take out is still available where I live). If not, then cook for her.

The city I live in has effectively been shut down. That makes dating hard.
No it doesn't there are lots of things you can still do together that indicates to her that you are into her for more than a shag. If she wants none of it then you can "take a breather" and either decide you want to be her FB or stop seeing her so you can get into someone more serious. You have a lot of excuses not to have to put your emotional self out there.

I wanted to do something for dinner, so I told her I would like to order from a restaurant and have her over for dinner. Her response: "You don't have to reciprocate for my making you dinner."
Why do it that way. Why didn't you invite her on a specific night instead of useless words that mean nothing without actions to back them up as your truth. Wow., yes wow indeed.

When we had our late night dinner the other day she knows I don't eat oil or animal products, and she was going out of her way to mention that and cook that way for me. She gave me a beer and asked me several times if it is okay, or if I wanted a different one.

Yes she is trying to show you her value. You are not showing her you value her though.

I get the feeling that she wants to please me, but doesn't want me to do that to her.
How would you know, you've never actually set up a proper date. You just talk about doing it.

I don't know what I want in the relationship
- Then figure it out and tell us so we can guide you in the dynamic you actually want to be in.

or what she wants.
Stop trying to figure it out and ask her proper for a nice dinner and see if she says Ok. "_____ Are you free to come over to mine on Friday for dinner at about 7:00? If she doesn't say ok or (reschedules if Friday isn't convenient) or she does some Jeddi mind trick wording that says nothing about what she wants, then what she wants should be clear to you... nothing but what she's already getting.

I do know that when I am with her the rest of the world goes away and I love every second that we are together.
The work it instead of talking about it.
Your fear is going to drive her away.

Please ignore Corey Wayne advice about being mysterious or hard to pin down and ask her for a date. Specific day, time and activity.

There is no fear. But you are right about your second sentence. I am getting "Coreyized." :)

There is no fear. But you are right about your second sentence. I am getting "Coreyized." :)

Hope you can get a refund. Intelligent women can see right through those tactics.

Be your genuine self. Otherwise you'll "Corey" her right into some other guy's arms.

ThatwasThen, good advice! I will take it. I just sent her an e-mail suggesting to her that she takes care of what she needs to take care of when she gets home from work. Then, I will come over and take a nice walk with her. I'll then suggest watching a movie and relaxing.

Time for me to start doing things right instead of being mysterious and vague.

Thank you!

Hope you can get a refund. Intelligent women can see right through those tactics.

Be your genuine self. Otherwise you'll "Corey" her right into some other guy's arms.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

I just received a return e-mail with a few minutes, rather than 10 hours.

"That sounds wonderful. I just want to take a shower when I get home. But I’ll come to your house this time, if that’s ok, and we can go walk. I’ll call you when I leave work. Xoxoo"

You guys are terrific. I appreciate it.

I just received a return e-mail with a few minutes, rather than 10 hours.

"That sounds wonderful. I just want to take a shower when I get home. But I’ll come to your house this time, if that’s ok, and we can go walk. I’ll call you when I leave work. Xoxoo"

You guys are terrific. I appreciate it.

Way to go, 'studley'. :D

Archived