Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

I think it is okay to grieve any losses, big or small. It's only a problem when you EQUATE missing out on, say, a restaurant date out with being as bad as getting very sick or being on a ventilator. Not that I think any moron would equate that but who knows. But it's important to acknowledge the grief and frustration, even if it's "small". Everyone also has different priorities and will miss other things more than others.

I think you're right to validate your son. He feels disappointed in ways that many kids do. Dismissing his disappointments as "not a big deal" because "some people have it worse so you shouldn't feel bad" just doesn't do anyone any good.

Speaking of needing some good news...Unlike bacteria, the coronavirus isn't transmitted through food.

Yes- my concern is the packaging so I have to be careful about removing food from packaging that hasn't yet "sat around" for a couple of days. Like my son and husband's take out lunch today.

I think it is okay to grieve any losses, big or small. It's only a problem when you EQUATE missing out on, say, a restaurant date out with being as bad as getting very sick or being on a ventilator. Not that I think any moron would equate that but who knows. But it's important to acknowledge the grief and frustration, even if it's "small". Everyone also has different priorities and will miss other things more than others.

I think you're right to validate your son. He feels disappointed in ways that many kids do. Dismissing his disappointments as "not a big deal" because "some people have it worse so you shouldn't feel bad" just doesn't do anyone any good.

Totally my point. You got it.

One supportive thing I did today. Our maintenance staff is awesome. They replaced our hot water heater yesterday. They were so careful - gloves/mask/foot covers/social distancing, etc Tips are not allowed and it's not the time to send a fruit basket etc because you know, virus plus our building's main office is closed. So I made a donation to the local food bank in their honor. I think they'll appreciate it.

Trying to look at the positives and taking note of who is doing what. My cable provider added a slew of free A movies.🎬 My phone provider added a slew off free data this month. 📲The stores I went to yesterday where clean and practicing social distancing, limiting number of shoppers, wearing gloves and masks.😷🧤

They were all polite and cheerful despite having to work under these circumstances. I was able to find all the food, supplies, etc that were needed.🛒 Entrance ways and check out counters were adequately supplied with wipes, paper towels and hand sanitizer and timely announcements regarding new hrs, policies, etc.

Nonetheless it still feels surreal to walk around seeing people in gloves, masks, etc. in stores. Today I will patronize one of the many restaurants now offering take-out as a show of support.🍲🍷

Today on Facebook someone posted a photo of a mom in combat gear -ready to go grocery shopping LOL. I believe I was able to do enough today and a few days ago so we're good for a few weeks. It's kind of silly but I sure miss just being able to go in and get what I need without constantly using paper barriers to select items, etc. In fact a really nice employee asked if I'd like gloves and held out a box of gloves to me. But it's like wack-a-mole - the focus on -ok what did I touch, do I need to wipe my hands off/use sanitizer, select the next item with my toes if I could?? (No I really can't do delivery here -I'd still interact just as much and there are other risks given our living situation). I wish that I didn't have to handle packages of new stuff - I mean-gasp -how dare I want to serve the stuffed shells I just bought the same day I bought them when the package might still have cooties?? - with so many layers of hand washing/paper, etc. I know - it will all pass, this too shall pass -and luckily my son has been eating well (meaning after all that work on my part he actually eats his meal) - but wow.

I was fortunate -we waited on a line to get in so that the store would not be crowded. And it wasn't. Even my credit card got lsysoled.....

I have no idea what the true likelihood is of touching packaged stuff(outside of studies in unrealistic conditions), but I’ve been leaving what I don’t need immediately in my basement, and yep- wiping down that which I need for the day.

I open delivered packages outside and then wipe down the contents of them. I leave the boxes tucked away outside on the porch and then toss them in the recycle bin after a few days. I suppose I could do that right away but it’s just more touching.

In some ways I feel I’m over the top. But you know, I have to at least know I am doing whatever I can to reduce contact.

Yesterday on our family walk we felt really bad this little guy about 4 or 5 years old tried to run up to us and say hey I learned ride my bike. We just had to walk and run as fast as we could go to get away even though we all said back to him that’s great hon! He looked so crestfallen. 😔 they just don’t understand poor little sweeties.

Yesterday on our family walk we felt really bad this little guy about 4 or 5 years old tried to run up to us and say hey I learned ride my bike. We just had to walk and run as fast as we could go to get away even though we all said back to him that’s great hon! He looked so crestfallen. 😔 they just don’t understand poor little sweeties.

Ohhh! Hopefully his parents told him! I had to do that during the H1N1 flu scare when my son was a newborn and little kids wanted to get close to him.

I hope so. I think his parents were out in the yard. But I know he’s so wanted to show everybody his new skill. It’s sad we couldn’t stop to watch but it’s reality right now. Poor little guy just wanted praise and encouragement for his new skill.

I am very sad. It looks like our regular sandwich shop -which is a hugely popular chain -that we visit weekly and sometimes twice a week if I go to my office -is closed (hoping not permanently). They'd started reducing their hours -their location is prime -it's near many high rise office buildings, the construction workers love it, near hotels, the train station - I mean, ,prime. And of course everyone is teleworking now. I'm not sad because we're missing out on their yummy subs and friendliness -I am so sorry for them and I hope it's not because one of them is sick.

I have a friend getting tested today. He’s been having a fever and fatigue for about 10 days - he does have this raunchy I grown toenail so urgent care gave him antibiotics a week ago and drained it. He still has high fevers so that leads them to believe it’s viral and are doing the COVID test.

If he does have it I cannot imagine where he got it. His wife and kid have been home for 3’weeks, he’s working from home with the exception of going in once a week to get parts. Contact is almost nil though and they send in those crime scene cleaners 3x a day.

It’s either that or about 2 weeeks when he wasn’t taking this seriously and went to a cooking class. 😞😞

😔 hopefully he recovers well.

I have a friend getting tested today. He’s been having a fever and fatigue for about 10 days - he does have this raunchy I grown toenail so urgent care gave him antibiotics a week ago and drained it. He still has high fevers so that leads them to believe it’s viral and are doing the COVID test.

If he does have it I cannot imagine where he got it. His wife and kid have been home for 3’weeks, he’s working from home with the exception of going in once a week to get parts. Contact is almost nil though and they send in those crime scene cleaners 3x a day.

It’s either that or about 2 weeeks when he wasn’t taking this seriously and went to a cooking class. 😞😞

😔 hopefully he recovers well.

I offered to basically throw a bag of Tylenol and a few Gatorades at his door from the car(lol). But now I’m thinking about the people In his department. He notified HR and has not been in for about 10 days but still. Since you can’t pinpoint when it(potentially) was infected no idea if his work folks are at risk or not.

I offered to basically throw a bag of Tylenol and a few Gatorades at his door from the car(lol). But now I’m thinking about the people In his department. He notified HR and has not been in for about 10 days but still. Since you can’t pinpoint when it(potentially) was infected no idea if his work folks are at risk or not.

Exactly many people have no idea how they got it. I just ordered homemade masks from a lady.

We figured it out - the last Saturday he was at work, he shared tools and sat next to his coworker who is also awaiting test results due to exposure to someone who had it(about 4 days ago, he was tested). We are not sure if he’s symptomatic.

So it’s incredibly likely it’s COVID. 😞😞

We figured it out - the last Saturday he was at work, he shared tools and sat next to his coworker who is also awaiting test results due to exposure to someone who had it(about 4 days ago, he was tested). We are not sure if he’s symptomatic.

So it’s incredibly likely it’s COVID. 😞😞

Damn! 😓