I'm Leaving eNotAlone

ConfusedLady21

So I looked at your last post before I responded, just to be sure, you know the ones you write, get pages of advise on and abandon until the next issue arrises and I didn’t see any of this coldness you’re accusing people of. The general consensus was

- it’s time to try to figure out your insecurities

- choosing to date at work tends to make one the subject of gossip.

I honestly do not get what you’re trying to accuse posters of except not coddling you. And honestly shame on you for that, not us, shame on you for thinking we’re your security blanket, that we have to follow your expectation and jump when you say jump and stroke your ego when needed when you do fly by posts every month or so. Shame on you, not us. If I see a growing lump on my friends face I’m not going to just tell her she looks pretty.

You may not be ready to face your demons and that’s fine, it’s your life but to gaslight strangers on the internet for not helping you in a way that you deem worthy is just too much.

Sorry not sorry.

This is the truth~~~

I'm one of what could be called "tough" posters. That's because I don't believe coddling is helpful to someone who is clearly struggling. I don't feel like I'm "mean", just blunt. And I ask tough questions.

My approach is the result of a friend using "tough love" on me when I really needed it. I am still grateful to her 20 years later for telling me what I needed to hear and not sugar coating.

I think people get frustrated because you ask for advice but don't seem to implement any of it. Which is of course totally your choice, but then you come back with the exact same question and ask us to pretend your previous posts don't exist. That's an unrealistic expectation. People want to help but some lose patience when the same question is asked repeatedly but nothing seems to be done to actually resolve the issue.

I don't get invested in those who post on here other than hoping their issues get resolved and they feel better soon.

I do hope your issues get resolved and that you choose to seek help.

I've never thought you were harsh, lol but always honest and insightful.

Some people are way too precious.

I just wonder why people who have never contributed to helping others and only post for a response to their own thread have a need to tell us they won't be doing it anymore? Why not just stop starting threads? Is it a compelling urge to be persuaded not to go or something?

Archived