Open Club  ·  95 members  ·  Free

Journals

Gestational diabetes

ButterflyWrists

Managed to speak to my mum today. I miss her so so much. I hate hearing her so sad. But I know she's ok and she's safe.

She's not keen on her medication, especially not long term, I told her to speak to her doctors about it at her review tomorrow. I'm going to hers Sunday to help get the house re organised (brother can't do it alone as this whole situation has messed up his mental health, he's going through a hell of a lot right now) I'm hoping she's allowed her mobile from tomorrow, it depends if brother is allowed to drop it at the hospital..

She was so happy to hear her granddaughters voice on our call.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Managed to speak to my mum today. I miss her so so much. I hate hearing her so sad. But I know she's ok and she's safe.

She's not keen on her medication, especially not long term, I told her to speak to her doctors about it at her review tomorrow. I'm going to hers Sunday to help get the house re organised (brother can't do it alone as this whole situation has messed up his mental health, he's going through a hell of a lot right now) I'm hoping she's allowed her mobile from tomorrow, it depends if brother is allowed to drop it at the hospital..

She was so happy to hear her granddaughters voice on our call.

I'm glad she was able to hear the baby!!

PTSD is beginning to ruin my bond with my daughter :'( I get so upset and can't cope with her screaming. But she's recovering to hope I'm feeling. I hate this why is everything getting so bad.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Who around you can give you support, give you time to rest, to get help? Also I highly recommend the Happiest Baby on the Block -great tips there. We're here with you, ok?

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Who around you can give you support, give you time to rest, to get help? Also I highly recommend the Happiest Baby on the Block -great tips there. We're here with you, ok?

Thank you.

I've got my fiance, although he's swamped at work, still playing catch up from paternity leave and he's got about 4 websites to build this week.

I'll go find the book thank you :)

It doesn't help I've had to come off my amitriptyline cause it makes me too sleepy to feed. Ugh.

I shall request a call from my gp.

I understand. Having PTSD and raising my son who incessantly screamed daily about everything for years. The world was so hard for him to tolerate. And I just can’t tolerate noise. Some days it makes my daycare difficult to run as well. I just have to leave my worker in there for a bit and walk outside and breathe. I totally get what you’re saying.

Another night no sleep. She didn't want food, but refused to settle in her cot. I tried 3 times after rocking her to sleep. Fiance is massively swamped at work so I can't get him to have her in night for me. I'll see if he'll do Saturday night with her if this doesn't change :(

When you rock her is your body and breathing relaxed? I agree with Seraphim on getting help.

When you rock her is your body and breathing relaxed? I agree with Seraphim on getting help.

Yeah, she'll fall asleep in my arms and be asleep anywhere up to 30 min in her next to me cot, bit wakes up screaming and Hirst wants to sleep in my arms. She does the same with her daddy, although she prefers me, he's hairy 🤣

I'll call health visitor later, the hospital will just refer back to gp sadly.

My son was like that. He nursed ever 2 hours 24/7. And if he was awake he was screaming because everything annoyed him. Close annoyed him no clothes annoyed him sunshine it annoyed him wind annoyed him rain annoyed him everything annoyed him, literally. It took a long time for him to learn to deal with the world even now things still annoy him.

My son was like that. He nursed ever 2 hours 24/7. And if he was awake he was screaming because everything annoyed him. Close annoyed him no clothes annoyed him sunshine it annoyed him wind annoyed him rain annoyed him everything annoyed him, literally. It took a long time for him to learn to deal with the world even now things still annoy him.

I guess a lot of that down to the autism and sensory issues? She's had a spot of nappy rash so has been a little uncomfortable, but changed nappies and seems better, want to be using washable ones overall but atm I don't have the time to be cleaning them unless she decides she'll settle in her sling, if she'll give us a chance to get it in comfortably. Going to take her on a walk soon so hopefully she'll nap long enough for me to do a couple things, like the sling, maybe a shower and washing up.

Hopefully the cats don't join us! Despite luck down and the rural location, a lot of cars are still using it as a cut through.

Sorry for the massive run on sentence.

I guess a lot of that down to the autism and sensory issues? She's had a spot of nappy rash so has been a little uncomfortable, but changed nappies and seems better, want to be using washable ones overall but atm I don't have the time to be cleaning them unless she decides she'll settle in her sling, if she'll give us a chance to get it in comfortably. Going to take her on a walk soon so hopefully she'll nap long enough for me to do a couple things, like the sling, maybe a shower and washing up.

Hopefully the cats don't join us! Despite luck down and the rural location, a lot of cars are still using it as a cut through.

Sorry for the massive run on sentence.

Yes, he has massive sensory avoidance and distress even now but was it really bad as an infant. Hopefully soon she will settle in. ❤️

Yeah, she'll fall asleep in my arms and be asleep anywhere up to 30 min in her next to me cot, bit wakes up screaming and Hirst wants to sleep in my arms. She does the same with her daddy, although she prefers me, he's hairy 🤣

I'll call health visitor later, the hospital will just refer back to gp sadly.

I know it's hard on you and sounds like a very typical newborn baby!

I know it's hard on you and sounds like a very typical newborn baby!

On the plus side, I managed to get her on right boob for about 30 min! She's on left again now. She feeds so much in afternoon! Her daddy has said he'll do fri and sat nights if I need it, tbf I wake up around 5am anyway so then he can sleep 4-10 or so and I can sleep 9-4 waking up to feed. Obviously if she plays ball. It's all worth it. I'm just glad I have a supportive partner

On the plus side, I managed to get her on right boob for about 30 min! She's on left again now. She feeds so much in afternoon! Her daddy has said he'll do fri and sat nights if I need it, tbf I wake up around 5am anyway so then he can sleep 4-10 or so and I can sleep 9-4 waking up to feed. Obviously if she plays ball. It's all worth it. I'm just glad I have a supportive partner

A supportive partner is such a blessing for sure. ❤️

I'm always jealous of mothers who have babies that are so passive! Get put down? Fine. Put in car seat? Fine. MINE>>...NOPE. HOLD me...FEED me. I was a walking pacifier! Long time ago....but I remember it like yesterday....and it wasn't fun. lol Congrats on baby.....when they start sleeping thru the night...is heaven!

I'm always jealous of mothers who have babies that are so passive! Get put down? Fine. Put in car seat? Fine. MINE>>...NOPE. HOLD me...FEED me. I was a walking pacifier! Long time ago....but I remember it like yesterday....and it wasn't fun. lol Congrats on baby.....when they start sleeping thru the night...is heaven!

To be fair, she'll go in car seat fine until we stop moving, same for pram mostly.. but addy home it's constant in my arms. She's been on me since 4.30 and barely eaten just wants the cuddles. Walking her daddy up in am hour stop I can get breakfast and myself ready. Knowing my luck she'll want feeding when it's daddies turn for cuddles hats..

I feel like I'm constantly being milked in the day. Must remember they're not small for long...

To be fair, she'll go in car seat fine until we stop moving, same for pram mostly.. but addy home it's constant in my arms. She's been on me since 4.30 and barely eaten just wants the cuddles. Walking her daddy up in am hour stop I can get breakfast and myself ready. Knowing my luck she'll want feeding when it's daddies turn for cuddles hats..

I feel like I'm constantly being milked in the day. Must remember they're not small for long...

Mine is 11 years old. I can't carry him anymore and he's "regressed" as far as sleeping normally and is extra clingy because of the pandemic. So just know that the most certain thing about being a mom is the unpredictability LOL. And it's so totally worth it. Understatement.

Can tell I was tired, my last post makes 0 sense lol.

I think this pandemic is having that effect on a lot of children sadly.

One if my friends children was told if she didn't wash her hands, she'd kill people. Huge scare tactics were used in a couple of schools.

Lol yes, parenthood is 100%expect the unexpected. I have worked with children on the asd spectrum and each shift would be totally different.i miss working with children :(

Can tell I was tired, my last post makes 0 sense lol.

I think this pandemic is having that effect on a lot of children sadly.

One if my friends children was told if she didn't wash her hands, she'd kill people. Huge scare tactics were used in a couple of schools.

Lol yes, parenthood is 100%expect the unexpected. I have worked with children on the asd spectrum and each shift would be totally different.i miss working with children :(

Yes - it's particularly hard I agree and I'm glad you have experience working with kids.

Archived