Gestational diabetes

I don't judge people getting pregnant knowing they're high risk, it's more cause of the situation etc.. plus you can become high risk through no fault of your own, like gd for example.

People judge for all kinds of reasons and a career one is a stupid judgement, education costs go up year on year.

I swear baby is trying to find an exit through my rib cage, so uncomfortable lol.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had bump measured the other day for fundal height, measuring 3 weeks behind, I'm sure its where baby is getting into position to birth, but midwife was concerned. Luckily I have a growth scan next week and consultant. Fiance isn't allowed in with me which sucks. Bodes well for giving birth...

We've got a list of 5 boys and 5 girls names.. combined favourite boy and girl name is Liric, so far no one has come close to guessing either. But waiting until we meet baby before actually choosing the name. 2 weeks 6 days until due date

We've got a list of 5 boys and 5 girls names.. combined favourite boy and girl name is Liric, so far no one has come close to guessing either. But waiting until we meet baby before actually choosing the name. 2 weeks 6 days until due date

Don't do what I did. We picked the boy's name and decided not to go with a certain popular T name (it had to begin with a T- traditional reasons) - because it was overused.

Here is the scene -dinner with my friend while I'm 8 months pregnant

Me: So we decided not to go with T___ because we just don't like it/kind of overused.

Friend: Oh. That's my son's middle name.

Don't do what I did. We picked the boy's name and decided not to go with a certain popular T name (it had to begin with a T- traditional reasons) - because it was overused.

Here is the scene -dinner with my friend while I'm 8 months pregnant

Me: So we decided not to go with T___ because we just don't like it/kind of overused.

Friend: Oh. That's my son's middle name.

Lol, we're very lucky in that no one in our families or even most of our friends would even think of the names we've come up with. We've gone unusual, still real names and easy to pronounce, but very much unique. So excited to find out which names will be used and which will be saved for a next child lol

I already had a name picked but it was the only one my husband didn’t have an objection to.😂

It took us ages to agree on names for a boy, took him reading a book to agree to my favourite girls name Haha.

Beyond excited!!! Started having the clearing out phase and some pains lol

Lol, we're very lucky in that no one in our families or even most of our friends would even think of the names we've come up with. We've gone unusual, still real names and easy to pronounce, but very much unique. So excited to find out which names will be used and which will be saved for a next child lol

It took us ages to agree on names for a boy, took him reading a book to agree to my favourite girls name Haha.

Beyond excited!!! Started having the clearing out phase and some pains lol

My husband wanted me to name our son after his cousin I had never met...:😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really need a vent..

I asked my mum to inform my dad's mother I'd had baby, just a courtesy phone call. But no, she had my brother send pictures to my "aunt" who sent them to her daughter to show..

Background. I was supposed to see these people and went specifically to their city for a concert. Last min everyone, including my dad's mother refused to see me.

The daughter who showed the pictures has bad mouthed me to no end, threatened me and called me vile things.

If I had my way, none of them would be aware of anything in my life, but my mum worked hard to keep a relationship there after my dad died 16 years ago. Sheer also worked hard to keep a relationship after they divorced.

Anyway, I'm just really upset that girl now has pictures of my daughter. I wish mum had told me the plan, cause I'd have just done a courtesy letter with a picture printed out. Kind of like a birth announcement.

Really need a vent..

I asked my mum to inform my dad's mother I'd had baby, just a courtesy phone call. But no, she had my brother send pictures to my "aunt" who sent them to her daughter to show..

Background. I was supposed to see these people and went specifically to their city for a concert. Last min everyone, including my dad's mother refused to see me.

The daughter who showed the pictures has bad mouthed me to no end, threatened me and called me vile things.

If I had my way, none of them would be aware of anything in my life, but my mum worked hard to keep a relationship there after my dad died 16 years ago. Sheer also worked hard to keep a relationship after they divorced.

Anyway, I'm just really upset that girl now has pictures of my daughter. I wish mum had told me the plan, cause I'd have just done a courtesy letter with a picture printed out. Kind of like a birth announcement.

I am sorry that happened . 🥺

Great, more drama, this time fiance side, and it's driving a massive wedge between us. I've told him to go away and leave me alone. I'm so hurt.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

I just wanted to say that, in my experience, the early post partum days were a roller coaster - extremely high highs and absolute despair when the sleep deprivation catches up to you and the hormones are all over the place and you’re still learning how to be a family. I have no idea what happened with your fiancé but, if at all possible, this is one of those times where it helps to cut each other some slack. I hope you’ll feel better soon. Enjoy those baby cuddles. They change so fast!

PTSD is hitting hard. Easy too much going on. I don't need those memories on top of current reality.

Baby lets me sleep 3 hours in the evening, and then wants to be on me all night with free access to boob. I try putting her down after what I think is a full feed, 10 min later the screaming starts. 4th trimester theory feels real..I am her safety, I was home for 9 months, she had a constant supply of food etc.

PTSD is hitting hard. Easy too much going on. I don't need those memories on top of current reality.

Baby lets me sleep 3 hours in the evening, and then wants to be on me all night with free access to boob. I try putting her down after what I think is a full feed, 10 min later the screaming starts. 4th trimester theory feels real..I am her safety, I was home for 9 months, she had a constant supply of food etc.

It's so hard I know!! Wishing you the best and glad you are able to nurse!! I wasn't.

It's so hard I know!! Wishing you the best and glad you are able to nurse!! I wasn't.

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't nurse, but fed is needy and that's all that matters..

We've just managed 4 hours supervised co sleeping as she's been on boob literally all day and doesn't want to be anywhere but..

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't nurse, but fed is needy and that's all that matters..

We've just managed 4 hours supervised co sleeping as she's been on boob literally all day and doesn't want to be anywhere but..

Yes- he loved and thrived on formula -I was both disappointed and somewhat relieved when I had to stop trying. I know having a newborn is 24/7!

We co slept for a long while. It was easy for breastfeeding and family cohesion and our son feeling secure.