Open Club  ·  40 members

Off Topic

Help break my make up addiction.

You and Ems would have a great time together vic and am expensive time together lol

You like watching the makeup vids as well don't you ? Ems can sit and watch them all night . I got her one set for Christmas that nearly caused hysteria because only so many got made and it took her hours to finally get it ( I can't remember who it is now , it was two people )

Edited by pippy longstocking
You and Ems would have a great time together vic and am expensive time together lol

You like watching the makeup vids as well don't you ? Ems can sit and watch them all night . I got her one set fro Christmas that nearly caused hysteria because only so many got made and it took her hours to finally get it ( I can't remember who it is now , it was two people )

Oh ya! I LOVE make up videos. Last year I spent $1200 on make up 😱

And $300 this month and it is only the 8th!

oh yep ..you need this thread lol ...

Seriously , good for you vic for recognising this has to stop and I wish you every success x

I have more make up than a lot of make up artists and more than I could wear in a lifetime.

I like watching makeup tutorials too sometimes. I can never get a winged eye down pat!

I find most of the makeup vloggers/bloggers are ridiculously beautiful on purpose and are paid to promote many make-up brands. Oy vey!

Do you like any drug store brands?

I like watching makeup tutorials too sometimes. I can never get a winged eye down pat!

I find most of the makeup vloggers/bloggers are ridiculously beautiful on purpose and are paid to promote many make-up brands. Oy vey!

Do you like any drug store brands?

I am trying to get ahold of some Milani blush and bronzer but it is always sold out.

I am trying to get ahold of some Milani blush and bronzer but it is always sold out.

Oh.

Colourpop has some pretty neat products reasonably priced too.

Ah, us women and their love for make-up. :p

Noooo, you don't need make up you're beautiful without, plus after 6 months open you have to chuck stuff away, so even if you only use once, waste of money. Ps send it me Haha I want to feel pretty 🤣

Awww thanks for the compliment but now I am just old. 😬

What do you tell yourself when you see a makeup product in the store or online? Do you tell yourself you "need" this product?

Substitute "need" with "want" in your mind.

Side note, do you feel a kind of rush of excitement when you're at the store or getting out your debit card to make an online purchase?

I know they are totally wants. I think it comes from complicated grief and loss starting from infancy on up. Trying to feel “ worthy” and beautiful and something to be appreciated. Even with therapy about 5 years worth since my teen years there are things I haven’t grieved because I had no idea they were a loss, ya know?

I am not sure I will ever work through everything. And I guess I was spoiled as well. My very young childhood I was dirt poor and then my mom and first step dad spoiled me to make up for many things, but things don’t replace heart break and abuse.

A coping mechanism?