Vertical Blinds and my kitten

inthewind

You know, what I wrote doesn't even makes sense - LOL! And, I wasn't even drinking! What I meant was that, because of how they're designed, one can only push them to the side. Sounds better? LOL

Yes, I get that. My suggestion is to switch them out to horizontals. Then you can pull them down just low enough for privacy even while kitty gets the floor level for the window.

Assuming they are not just the vinyl ones, what harm can a kitten do?

If they are fabric, change them out for a set of cheap vinyl ones in the meantime. They are fairly inexpensive.

It's much like making your home childproof. Good luck with the new kitty!

That's what's perplexing me. If we're talking big plastic danglies, that's probably as kitten-proof as blinds get. I gotta stick with my hunch that kitty's not supposed to be there and OP wants to train it not to peek its head out to the public, which would be unfortunate if true.
That's what's perplexing me. If we're talking big plastic danglies, that's probably as kitten-proof as blinds get. I gotta stick with my hunch that kitty's not supposed to be there and OP wants to train it not to peek its head out to the public, which would be unfortunate if true.

Let's assume that that's not the case, because keeping kitty in the dark is really mean.

I'd caution against the kind with cords, as cats can hang themselves. If they have cords, pin them up out of reach.

There are also cat guards you can get for screens when you want to open the sliders in warm weather.

• 2 months later...

Archived