The Ruminant’s Almanac

hidden_kitten

Around 6 months back on dating apps and have finally had a run in with an antivaxxer. My responses to him were the digital equivalent of nodding and smiling but took a couple of days to respond to his last message, having not turned on app notifications and having no bandwidth for even talking to friends after my shifts this week. I next log in and see that he’s called me a “disgusting pig” for ignoring him. Wished him well. Blocked him.

• Like 1

How do I deal with colleagues that threaten to quit every couple of days? They are peers, and we’re all sharing extra burdens right now, but I’ve no idea how to respond apart from agreeing that things are tough right now. I don’t know if they’re wanting me to come up with a solution for them…or to tell them, ok, jog on then??

Our tech guy is currently very grumpy and ***ly to be around, who also voices complaints in my direction, when I have no control over the schedule or book any events. Direct it at the boss who does!

Had a ONS at the start of the week. Wasn’t as exciting as I thought it might be, but hey, got to have a bit of fun.

Although being queen of bad decisions, also had a first meet in my town that I scheduled really soon after a work shift, won’t be doing that again. Hate all the rushing around. It was strange matching with someone in my hometown who I didn’t go to school with 20 years ago, haha. We went for a walk around the park. I’ve found that I’m not a big fan of walking dates - the guy tends to charge ahead while I’m waddling behind trying to hold a conversation. He seems like a nice guy, but didn’t really feel anything for him. We both seemed socially awkward, although he loosened up toward the end of the walk. So, not sure if I’ll meet with him again.

17 hours ago, hidden_kitten said:

How do I deal with colleagues that threaten to quit every couple of days? They are peers, and we’re all sharing extra burdens right now, but I’ve no idea how to respond apart from agreeing that things are tough right now. I don’t know if they’re wanting me to come up with a solution for them…or to tell them, ok, jog on then??

I'm thinking the latter. Better yet, avoid them altogether. Complainers are the worst. 

17 hours ago, hidden_kitten said:

We went for a walk around the park. I’ve found that I’m not a big fan of walking dates - the guy tends to charge ahead while I’m waddling behind trying to hold a conversation.

That's not a good walking date at all. The guy should at least walk along side you! Jeez....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jibralta said:

That's not a good walking date at all. The guy should at least walk along side you! Jeez....

Yeah, although I’m not a fast walker anyway (I blame being short but more likely being out of shape haha). At least that’s something Casper did right, he dropped back and walked at my pace. I remember being on holiday with a couple of different exes, and we would go out exploring the towns we were visiting. They would complain how slow I was too, when all I was doing was wanting to take in the architecture/scenery in a new place.

20 hours ago, LaHermes said:

Why, in any case, are they directing their complaints and grumpiness at you in particular?

Needing to vent I guess. We are a very, very small team and basically one-man departments. Can’t avoid any of them because the back office is open plan. I’m probably a source of some of the grumpiness with being late with some deadlines recently. However with things like the schedule,  or how we have no budget to work with, I don’t have any influence over. 

• Like 1

Had a date in the capital last night. He seemed easy to get on with, we’re in similar industries….and I’ve heard nothing today. Queen of first dates at the moment haha.

I’m still obsessed with Casper. He keeps cropping up on various dating apps. I haven’t blocked him yet because I keep holding out that we might meet up again. Which of course I know is ridiculous because he knows I liked him and he hasn’t made any effort to get back in touch since July. Sad face. 

• Sad 1