I think she went back to ex, not responding to me

Apollo99

I'm glad you're taking a step back, but I wanted to address your personal issue around "burning bridges." Backing off is not burning a bridge. While clumsy and rude, she made her wishes known, and that is, she's not interested in maintaining any type of quasi romance with you right now, and you are "taking the hint." You are not burning a bridge. On the contrary, if you return to the city and should you choose to stay, you may actually be desirable again to pursue. Whether you wish to travel that path a second time is up to you. As it stands, you have not created any turmoil or conflict, and as far as I'm concerned, I see this situation ending on relatively good terms. This girl isn't stupid. She knows what she's doing.

I agree with the above poster who stated that this girl created conflict as some subconscious way to push you away, so she wouldn't have to actually "break up" or tell you, "I'm seeing other people (my ex boyfriend) and we can't talk and flirt like this anymore." Basically she was throwing hints...making things unpleasant enough for you, you would take that hint and stop contacting her...and you have complied successfully.

I agree with the fact that now that this girl is really not an option, it does leave your mind clear about your future...will you stay in the old city? Will you stay in the new city? Will you move on to other lands? You shouldn't base your decisions on a girl you've known for just a few short weeks, and this division truly allows you to keep your priorities focused on you and your long-term goals. If this girl is meant to be, the powers that be will circle her back around into your life.

Archived