Personal issue with forum information and wondering what can be done.

A person I trusted I knew for some time knows I've been on this site. We had a good relationship for some time and I've pointed out this site to him for some help. They decided it wasn't for them but we've since had a falling out and they are now threatening to make my life unbearable and start doxxing me. At the same time, I'm trying to look for a job and the information here can be used to prevent me from getting a job in the near future.

I know thread edits and deletion are against the site's policy but I feel a special case can be made as this individual has some pull in industry I wish to enter. Furthermore, this person can do a lot to damage my private life, dox me and make my life a living nightmare. If that is the case, can't most, if not all of my posts, be considered private information that can be released to the public?

Please, someone help me ... The information I've posted on this site for the last while could ruin my life. I do understand I made choices: agreeing to befriend this person, agreeing to the forum policy and, of course, posting on the site but I don't know what else to do. This could even go so far as to get me fired from my current job. Please help me.

• Like 1

The information IS already public. This is a public forum.

However, how would anyone know it was you? You don't use your real name or where you live, right? How could this person "dox" you when your posts are not identifiable?

Don’t stress.

There’s no way a job is going to use an anonymous forum against you. Facebook, Twitter, identifiable things sure but anonymous forum? You’re safe.

Also the friend can say what he pleases, where the proof? It’s his word against yours. Deny it.

I took a quick glance I don’t even see anything particularly identifiable or life ruining to be honest.

On the bottom of each page there is a 'contact us' button. Email the admis and explain your situation see if they will close some threads for you. Email admin proof of his threats and user name, see if they can ban this user. There is not much anyone can glean from your anonymous posts here under a user name. No one can even google your user name in a way that it is associated with you. He's mostly like bluffing and in a snit

A person I trusted I knew for some time knows I've been on this site. We had a good relationship for some time and I've pointed out this site to him for some help. They decided it wasn't for them but we've since had a falling out and they are now threatening to make my life unbearable and start doxxing me.