No relationship in the age of 25

Sandyss

I just turned 25 and never been in a relationship. No girl ever showed even a slight interested in me, i texted to some girls and they generally seemed annoyed, so this is the reason I never even asked a girl out. I am in the age when everyone gets married, has kids etc. I feel like a failure and I will be alone forever and I am not so good for anyone. I also feel I am too old to gain experience

Well, you didn't provide much information or background... but...

You need to get involved in activities, clubs, sports... whatever, in order to even meet women that you might even consider asking out.

Do you have interests and hobbies? Do you go to Church/Temple/Synagogue? You need to put yourself out there and have Fun before you can think about meeting someone.

Good question .

I understand where you’re coming from , I am also 25, I have only had one relationship that ended right before I graduated college which was upsetting ( which even still upsets me ).

If you’re really interested in dating , I guess you actually have to go places and explore . It’s certainly not easy .

As a given , nobody will show up at your doorstop , so as a start , work on dispelling that fantasy

Concentrate on self improvement with your own success in all facets of life. In this world, it's what you have to offer in order to be attractive and I'm not referring to sex. I'm referring to furthering your goals in life such as your job or career. Then when you socialize, you'll have that automatic draw because people are extremely attracted to those who are on the fast track in life.

You're not too old. It's better to not have experience now because many people your age have experienced a lot of painful heartache, fights, breakup and hot messes. Feel lucky you're not immersed in that nightmare.

When you have more to offer regarding your success, girls will be pursuing YOU and not the other way around.

I agree with others, get involved with your community and put yourself out there whether it's church, volunteerism, school (advanced learning / courses), join fitness groups, book clubs if you enjoy reading, intellectual pursuits if you're the type and the like.

Make yourself more interesting.

You are never too old. Even those of us who are older and in serious relationships or married, still learn something new. Learning how to relate in a relationship is an ongoing process.

I know 25 sounds old to you, but trust me, it's not. You still have an entire life ahead of you. Don't compare yourself to others. It doesn't mean that they have any better clue on what they're doing.

Give yourself time. It's not easy to find someone who is suitable to date. Many people have this issue, not just you.

If you feel there's ways you can improve yourself, then do so. But keep in mind that there is no perfection and just being you, will be good enough for the right person.

You also need to take a chance. Find someone you can talk to and seems to be on the same wavelength as you, and ask her out. It doesn't need to be anything more than meeting for a coffee and chat.

And if you first don't succeed, try again. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll keep us updated.

You need to develop some social skills. A good way to do that is to join some clubs and groups and volunteer. You can practice making small talk with girls. You also can't just sit on your hands an expect girls to come up to you. If you are painfully shy a few sessions with a therapist may help. Also take some classes or courses to participate in things a bit more. Don't text random girls, you need to build some rapport in person before you ask them out or express interest.

i texted to some girls and they generally seemed annoyed, so this is the reason I never even asked a girl out.

One of the very first and most important steps when you interact with girls is to make them feel comfortable around you.

One very common reason why girls step away from a guy is because they feel that he gives off insecure vibes or seems desperate or demanding in some way, and they generally don't like that at all;

and this is bigger deal for girls, since they are typically at a physical disadvantage in front of guys and thus need to be more careful.

I would suggest that you allow yourself to take a temporary break from thinking about women too much, and spend a couple weeks or months on enriching the rest of your life (like until this New Year's Eve, perhaps).

Ask yourself if there is anything that you could improve with yourself, and work on that.

This gives you an optimal foundation, and will improve your self-confidence and self-esteem more than you might think.

Archived