Found out yesterday my mom’s illness is fatal

Seraphim

I tried to PM you - I think this is really good info on the condition, diagnosis and treatment. It mentions the two drugs I was thinking of in the treatment section. I think some patients also get steroids. As the page mentions, there is a ton of research and drug development being done in this area, so if neither of the available drugs helps your mom, another option would be to see if she is eligible for enrollment in a clinical trial. My understanding is that lung transplants are generally reserved for patients under 65, occasionally up to 70 or so, although this is country/center dependent; I am assuming your mom may unfortunately be a bit out of that range. I hope you are able to sit down with your mom and the doctors and discuss the next steps in her care and get all your questions answered.

I tried to PM you - I think this is really good info on the condition, diagnosis and treatment. It mentions the two drugs I was thinking of in the treatment section. I think some patients also get steroids. As the page mentions, there is a ton of research and drug development being done in this area, so if neither of the available drugs helps your mom, another option would be to see if she is eligible for enrollment in a clinical trial. My understanding is that lung transplants are generally reserved for patients under 65, occasionally up to 70 or so, although this is country/center dependent; I am assuming your mom may unfortunately be a bit out of that range. I hope you are able to sit down with your mom and the doctors and discuss the next steps in her care and get all your questions answered.

Sorry, about that. I closed my PM’s years ago.

Yeah,my mom is 73.

Archived