FirstDates

I have seen it work where wedding guest asks the bride (unless you are family with the groom), about the groomsmen. you know, get a feel for if he is looking for someone to date, put the feelers out. if she says "oh, that jerk?' then you know the story. That was before social media, though. So you can get a vibe

Try not to get ahead of yourself. First see if he accepts your friend request, then consider a private message. Start with what you have in common such as the wedding so at least he knows who you are (since he didn't notice you, ask about you or ask for your contact info from you or anyone else). Make sure you don't come off as a creepy stalker.

Do you think “stay in touch” is ambiguous?
Thanks Loyal, what would be a keep it light message — in your opinion?

I woud say "hi! It's been a while! I hope everything is well with you. Would you like to get together one night this week and catch up? I'd love to see you!"

Short and sweet and to the point!

I woud say "hi! It's been a while! I hope everything is well with you. Would you like to get together one night this week and catch up? I'd love to see you!"

I wouldn't respond to a message like that from someone I met once at an event. I would assume the person messaged the wrong person. She spoke to him a little bit over lunch and mostly as a group - he may not even recall meeting her in particular.

The only thing i would do is "i had these pictures from the wedding that you were in, thought i would send them along" .

I would honestly tell the bride "hey, bride, i had a great time at the wedding and was very honored that you chose me. The person i never met before was Hot Groomsmen. He seemed like a nice guy.." And see if she volunteers any info. That would be what i would have done pre-Facebook. If she says zero, don't press. if she says "oh, he asked about you" or "oh, he is single. I'd ship that"

I wouldn't respond to a message like that from someone I met once at an event. I would assume the person messaged the wrong person. She spoke to him a little bit over lunch and mostly as a group - he may not even recall meeting her in particular.

I agree, we didn’t talk in a way that was overly firmliar. It also hasn’t been even a full week since the wedding!

The only thing i would do is "i had these pictures from the wedding that you were in, thought i would send them along" .

I would honestly tell the bride "hey, bride, i had a great time at the wedding and was very honored that you chose me. The person i never met before was Hot Groomsmen. He seemed like a nice guy.." And see if she volunteers any info. That would be what i would have done pre-Facebook. If she says zero, don't press. if she says "oh, he asked about you" or "oh, he is single. I'd ship that"

My cousin is the bride, she isn’t even friends with him on Facebook, the bride and groom were super isolative their whole dating relationship, like all their couple photos were selfies...

I don’t feel like they’re the type to ‘help a sister out’

Thanks though, in another situation I’d be all over that suggestion— it would be great for the average person, my cousin not so much.

My cousin is the bride, she isn’t even friends with him on Facebook, the bride and groom were super isolative their whole dating relationship, like all their couple photos were selfies...

Thanks though, in another situation I’d be all over that suggestion— it would be great for the average person, my cousin not so much.

Well, he was asked to be in the wedding for a reason. One or the other of them must know him well.

Yes, the groom does. They were childhood friends — the only awkward thing is that I don’t know the groom at all.

But you know his wife! Ask her to ask her husband! Newlywed couples are usually super excited to try to help someone else find a happy ending.

You didn't personally get snapshots?

You said that all of their couple photos were selfies - surely there were other candid pictures from the wedding that you or other people took with other people in them. Am i ancient and o one knows what a snapshot is anymore?

Oh, I meant in their slideshow at the wedding—literally all selfies, none of them with friends or family or other couples. All selfies, all one on one. I do have a few photos from the wedding..,

Oh, I meant in their slideshow at the wedding—literally all selfies, none of them with friends or family or other couples. All selfies, all one on one. I do have a few photos from the wedding..,

Then you would have no reason to share photos with someone because everyone has them vs random pictures that were not the official pictures that you want to share.

The question is - do you ever try to meet guys outside of weddings? This guy cleary was clearly not drawn to you, nor seemed to really notice you. Why not meet guys at other places and concentrate on guys who actually approach you, show interest - join a co ed team sport, a meetup group - whatever

The question is - do you ever try to meet guys outside of weddings? This guy cleary was clearly not drawn to you, nor seemed to really notice you. Why not meet guys at other places and concentrate on guys who actually approach you, show interest - join a co ed team sport, a meetup group - whatever

Yep, I’m dating online as well. This would be the first person I’ve ever met at a wedding. So far a rarity for me 😉

Another one? Girl you are like the seagulls in finding Nemo whenever an attractive dude passes your radar.

Mine! Mine! Mine!

I’m kidding, but only a little.

Yes men like to be approached too, but just like a man coming on too strong can be a turn off, overeager women can turn men off too.

Like I said in the other post, it just really seems like you are trying to force this. I agree with ABB for the most part.

Try to let it happen naturally.

I don’t think it’s a bad idea to Facebook friend him, maybe even ask to hang out but keep your feet on the ground. Don’t come on too strong and rush it, feel him out before you leap from hey remember me to let’s meet up. Leave some breathing room, who knows maybe he will make the move.

chill, enjoy meeting people, you’re young, stop trying to force it.

Archived