Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

12 hours ago, luminousone said:

Happy Birthday to your son!!!

You have brought him up to be so supportive!

Im sorry your move is so stressful. I think I remember when you moved to your last place, but somehow I think this move is more stressful.

Hope you can get your business going very soon!!

Yes, he is a great person. ❤️I am sure everything will iron out . 

• Like 1

Last night I went to see what the Military Wives Choir is all about. Apparently they do the same songs like over and over and over year after year. 😬

Right now we are singing with masks on which set off my trigeminal neuralgia. So we will see if I go back. 

Posted (edited)

I REALLY REALLY don’t know what the ever loving hell is up . Yesterday world wide outage of FB and IG and today my wifi and cellular are down . My Wi-Fi was gone from 1130 last night and till I started messing around with the box at nine this morning. My TV is also through Wi-Fi so lots fine no TV neither. Now that that’s up and running I have no cellular because Telus is down Ontario and Quebec wide. WTAF. 

Edited by Seraphim
  • Like 1

Covid vaccination line jumper or wannabe jumpers…..get lost. As we are a CF base we have people from all over the country. Well, just because your previous province sent you an email that you can get your third dosage doesn’t mean you can get it here in Ontario. There is no “ we will see what happens” biatch. It is tracked through the provincial system and you won’t be getting it right now. It is long term care residents and transplant patients and those otherwise immune compromised. 
These people annoy the crap out of me. 

I had really really nice dreams last night that made me feel cozy. Then I woke up. 😖

I was dreaming about my last two previous homes and we had a party that my mom hosted and everyone was so happy especially me. 

57 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Pretty!! 

It's so wonderful you have nature nearby. 

There is a lot of nature on the base and a lot of wildlife , foxes and coyotes and bears and of course various small animals and birds. 

There are many many walking trails as well. We are also very close to Lake Simcoe and Georgian Bay and the Blue Mountains which has the Georgian Trail. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I told my mom about the unusual experience at Mass and how this is just not Church Law and even my husband asked if the Bishop of the Forces allowed this etc . I said I almost left because this is not how things are done. 

My mom says, you are so closed minded about this topic! Can’t you see it from another point of view?! Um, no. If I wanted to be a Protestant I would be at the Church next door! 

But that is the point of religions they have rules and laws and systems of the way they work. It is not just oh well. That is the POINT. 

My religion is also a big part of my life and a big part of my mentally feeling well. It is not just oh well who cares. 

My mom left the Church 53 years ago and was mentally and physically hurt by it so I can see her aspect ,absolutely. However, I chose this as an adult with my eyes wide open. My husband was raised as such and we raised our son in this religion. Our son as an adult chooses to remain in his religion by his free choice . This is what we want, BUT we don’t want higgle dee piggle dee with the rules. If people don’t follow the rules of something then what is the point?

I'm not religious, but I totally get your feelings on that, especially at the RC church. Growing up, my favorite part of church there was the ritual and structure of it. I can understand how that would be important to you. 

Many years ago now, I had went with a friend to a Christmas bazaar and service at her church. It was Protestant, and I wasn't very familiar with how things are usually done there. It was extremely laid back, pretty much felt like the community center but with some crosses and a few prayers and stories. Nice in its own way, but yes, totally different kind of experience. 

• Like 1

I am no longer Catholic but on the very rare occasions I do attend services I prefer a traditional church and service. Not the ones where the communion rail is gone and it's just a big rectangular building with paintings portraying the stations of the cross. The church I attended as a child is old school (and amazingly beautiful) with the communion rail and actual statues for the stations, the stained glass windows and the traditional service with some parts still in Latin. And I never took communion in my hand, I still took it via the priest putting it in my mouth (which I understand can't be done anymore).

My son has chosen to be Catholic. I never tried to influence them. They got the sacraments as children because I wanted them to have them in case they chose to be Catholic as adults. My daughter and I are not.

Are there options for a more traditional service in your area?

• Like 1

And that’s the thing. I am not denying anyone their own religion or their right not to be religious. That is up to each individual. Then she would have a reason to call me out, you know? She wants to argue me on the Church’s rites and laws and structures. Well, I don’t control that. I also don’t want it changed that is what I ENJOY. I ENJOY structure and rules and so does my husband and son. We love that about Roman Catholicism. 

My mom is a believer in God but not organized religion and my brother is an atheist. I get irritated because they bug me or raze me for my beliefs and I don’t bother them about theirs. 

We are going to be looking for a traditional church this week so we can attend this coming Sunday. There has to be a lot in the area we just thought great it is on the base and 1 KM from home . 

• Like 1