Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you so so much to Cheetarah for finding me an appointment time close enough!! 

Starting to feel a lot better. Just fatigue now. Hopefully gone in the morning . 

Posted Images

True story: About a month ago or more my son lost his fav cloth mask. So I bought more for him from the original vendor, same material same everything. Tonight out for our family walk I see my son’s mask on the sidewalk and I know he had been up that way today. He says impossible because his is in his room . We bring it home ...... and his mask IS at home. 😱😱😱😱 His ORIGINAL one made it back to him. 

He says I knew we were dealing with a pandemic I didn’t know we were dealing with the supernatural. 😱😱

Masks now being washed in hot with bleach and scorched in the dryer. 

There is a sense of rising excitement for our move . Maybe it is because we have had so little to look forward to . I can’t wait to be closer to my mom. There is not much she can do anymore except sit and talk with you she is so mobile disabled. 

I kind of defied the law and went and saw my mom last weekend. I made her all kinds of homemade meals she can just heat up because she can’t stand long enough to cook anymore. 

I cut her toe nails and massaged cream into her feet. 

i bought her a prime rib sandwich for lunch. 

We talked for a few hours. 

My mom and step dad are a month past their first shot and I have had mine. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, itsallgrand said:

That's exciting! Something different. And awesome that you'll be closer to your mom. 

Thank you. She is being tested for skin cancer next Monday I believe . She has also gone so very very downhill in the past 5 years . It is scary actually. It breaks my heart . I want to be close to her . 

Yes, that time together is precious. 

It did my heart good hearing about the sweet things you are doing for her. She's going to be basked in love, I just know it. Its really hard seeing a parent decline in health, man, I'd give you big hugs. It may sound weird, but as hard as it was being with my mom when she was declining, it was also a time I felt so close to her, and I wanted to be there for as much as I could. She filled me up with so much love, it's gotten me through a lot. 

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Yes, that time together is precious. 

It did my heart good hearing about the sweet things you are doing for her. She's going to be basked in love, I just know it. Its really hard seeing a parent decline in health, man, I'd give you big hugs. It may sound weird, but as hard as it was being with my mom when she was declining, it was also a time I felt so close to her, and I wanted to be there for as much as I could. She filled me up with so much love, it's gotten me through a lot. 

Yes, that time together is vital. We both miss each other so much. 

I remember when you got to spend that time with your mom. it is so precious. you were such a wonderful loving daughter to her. ❤️

They are saying if you’ve previously had Covid and you get both shots you will have 10 times the antibodies of people who had both shots but who had never had Covid. So basically if you’ve had Covid and both shots you’re pretty much not going to get it. 

25 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

They are saying if you’ve previously had Covid and you get both shots you will have 10 times the antibodies of people who had both shots but who had never had Covid. So basically if you’ve had Covid and both shots you’re pretty much not going to get it. 

That makes me feel like Superwoman!

So my honey gets his vaccine tomorrow at 11. That will make 8 family members partially vaccinated. I am two weeks past my vaccine tomorrow. 

Crawled into bed last night after a steamy bath and just dropped off to sleep . I was exhausted. My cats woke me up at least three times last week racing around at 4 AM. The two brothers racing across the end of the bed and my feet at four in the morning crashing around the house. Last night they just stayed at the end of the bed and were quiet. Even though they are going to be nine years old this July they just never get out of this kittenish habit of racing around. These are not small cats either. They are big black wild beasts or what is affectionately known as “mini panthers”. The bigger one of the two is 16 pounds and the smaller one is 14 pounds. They are from the same litter and have never been apart. They absolutely adore each other but they will roughhouse. I don’t know when I actually fell asleep maybe 9 o’clock-ish until 7ish. 

Hubby is still doing great no side effects from his vaccination at all. He is affectionately known as “the moose”. He may be small next to the next generation of men but he is tough and can do things that look harder than his size, so I affectionately call him my moose. Even his son who is about 4 inches taller and 20 odd pounds heavier affectionately calls him the moose. 

My twin moose from about a month ago. Like father like son they hold their bodies in exactly the same position. ❤️❤️

7D3F33FF-B455-4CD4-BF5A-3A95821F6B80.jpeg

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

They do! That's great 😄

Hahaha you can tell they are father and son in mannerisms for sure. They also have the same voice although my son’s is slightly deeper. Their voice is so close that our Alexa can’t tell the difference. Hahahaha 

Our son I think though looks a lot like my family and when he’s animated with the kids I see my brother’s  face all the time. 
Him and my brother have the same happy face. And when he was young and a baby he looked overwhelmingly like me. Now he looks more like other family members. He towers over me by almost a foot now because I am shrinking and he is slightly taller than average . His father and I were average height. I think my husband is 5’ 9 1/2” and I was 5’4” but now I am about 5’2.5” and my son is about 6’1”. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Homelessness crushes my heart . We gave  what we had to a homeless person outside the store but with another beside them. I just utterly started sobbing in the car. Homelessness is so utterly devastating and it makes one feel so utterly useless when you can’t help all . My heart literally screams in agony there is so much pain  in the world. It is overwhelming.  

Still sobbing because it is so overwhelming. 

Edited by Seraphim
  • Sad 1

Hun y  got his income tax return and it went right back out to pay my taxes . 🙁 But at least the horrendous tax year is over. Next year will be better . 

D7B816BE-E2F7-4EE8-92BC-CF4901219008.jpeg

What can I do that would be significant for the homeless? It is the Spirit moving my heart and soul once more. What was embedded in me 54 years ago constantly speaks to me and my heart and tells me what my life should be .