Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

I'm so sorry...

I was told my cat had kidney disease. It seems to be standard diagnosis for older cats. She didn't like the special food the vet prescribed so I just let her eat what she likes. I figured it was better she ate something rather than nothing at all. So far she has been OK although she is skinny.

I hope your poor little kitty is feeling better soon and that the prognosis is good.

I'm so sorry...

I was told my cat had kidney disease. It seems to be standard diagnosis for older cats. She didn't like the special food the vet prescribed so I just let her eat what she likes. I figured it was better she ate something rather than nothing at all. So far she has been OK although she is skinny.

I hope your poor little kitty is feeling better soon and that the prognosis is good.

Thanks. ❤️

My kitty came home yesterday afternoon. She said he has stage 2 kidney disease. So he has to have a modified diet. She also believes he has a bladder infection which he has antibiotics for. She said a good thing for him as he doesn’t have a lot of protein in his urine . She checked the growth on his chest but said she’s not worried about it because it’s just sitting under the skin and it doesn’t seem to be bothering him and he has a history of benign growths anyway. So I was so happy to get him back. My insurance plan for him actually save me $900! She wants to check his blood work and urine every six months. And she said she has seen kidney cats live as long as 17 years as long as the cat is treated properly.

Yesterday my son was accosted in the line at Subway. We were in the officer’s mess having supper last night and my son walked up to the Subway for supper. He brought a mask in his pocket. You don’t have to wear it outside in the line but you do inside which he knows. Some guys hassled him outside. He said he has severe panic attacks so please leave me alone. The guy then called my son the R word and challenged him to a physical fight. The employees saw what was happening and told the other guy to get lost.

Is he being sent for training? Is it somewhere you can visit or will he be allowed leaves?

He is, yes. I am hoping, but with COVID I am not sure. Normally he would be able to come on weekends or we would be able to visit. Because he will be living in a congregate setting I’m not sure if we can go there. And if there is an outbreak I’m not sure he can come home.

Will they be providing regular testing? I wonder if they do and he tests negative if they'll allow him to have leaves.

How long is the training?

No, no testing unless you have symptoms. He will have his own room but have to share a bathroom with other people and eat in a mess hall. He will be gone from mid September until Christmas.