Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

I used to work with someone (actually, two someone's) whose parents misspelled their names on their birth certificates. For one of them, her mother wanted her to be named Alexis, but apparently she was sleeping when the nurse came in to have the document filled out. So her dad spelled it "Elexus". You know, like the car with an "e" in front of it. Another coworker was supposed to be named "Blaise" but his dad spelled it "Blaze". 

Moral of the story... don't let the dad fill out the paperwork 😜

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I used to work with someone (actually, two someone's) whose parents misspelled their names on their birth certificates. For one of them, her mother wanted her to be named Alexis, but apparently she was sleeping when the nurse came in to have the document filled out. So her dad spelled it "Elexus". You know, like the car with an "e" in front of it. Another coworker was supposed to be named "Blaise" but his dad spelled it "Blaze". 

Moral of the story... don't let the dad fill out the paperwork 😜

Right?? I mean the actual spelling of my name is correct but he added a hyphen. My mother didn’t want it spelled that way. Knowing my dad he did it just to pee her off. 

Speaking of my dad… his one sister who has FB is on my FB and she answered one of those pages that asks you questions. What positive thing do you think of when you think of your brother. She put “ profound sadness.” 😓

Edited by Seraphim

21 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Right?? I mean the actual spelling of my name is correct but he added a hyphen. My mother didn’t want it spelled that way. Knowing my dad he did it just to pee her off. 

Speaking of my dad… his one sister who has FB is on my FB and she answered one of those pages that asks you questions. What positive thing do you think of when you think of your brother. She put “ profound sadness.” 😓

Aww...did they not have a good relationship? Or is she sad because of things that happened to him?

7 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Aww...did they not have a good relationship? Or is she sad because of things that happened to him?

She was sad at what became of him. They were close when young but not after that. He never wanted to be around his family because he didn’t want them to know how bad his mental health was. His parents at the end of their lives apologized to my mother for the heavy price she paid for being with him . He took my grandfather for everything at the end and spent everything that was supposed to go to his siblings. My aunt ,the one I’m speaking about her husband paid the last five years that my grandfather was in his retirement home because he spent his entire pension and money on my dad monthly because he felt guilty for how my dad turned out . So even though she was mad she still loved her brother. But she doesn’t know the extent of his actual crimes and meanness or she might not. I have no interest in informing them. I thought I might be after my grandfather passed ,but , no.  And now my dad is gone too. I think it’s best to just let sleeping dogs lie. There is no point in avenging or even revenge. It is done now. And when my dad’s brother is gone, the evil that was in that family will be gone with the three of them. So I wait. Come that day I will be completely free. 

I think she misses him and the closeness they had as kids and young teens. ( my dad left home at 15) But, really, she never knew him. But I can imagine losing a sibling is terrible. My dad was the eldest, then her two years later and then another sister 5 years later and his brother is 9 years younger than my dad. So his young siblings were little kids when he left home. 

Emergency of the day from my mom last night at 11:35 PM as I sit down to drink my camomile tea and go to bed . 

“ The spongy part of my hearing aid came off in my ear. “ 

Yeah, that makes for a good sleep. 

However, her best friend talked an audiologist and has worn hearing aids since she was 17 and both say it is common to happen and it will fall out while you sleep. 

She is literally KILLING ME. 

Earlier in the day: I got my papers to change my live insurance to you but our names are spelled wrong. Well then call the dude and have him CHANGE IT . 

2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Can you ask her to not call you after 10 pm unless it's an actual medical or safety emergency? A real emergency that puts her in some kind of peril?

Something has to be done for sure. 

The audiologist got the spongy bit out of her ear and replaced the parts on her hearing aids. Now she can’t see my niece because she is too tired and won’t go back 15 mins again. 

One YouTuber that I really enjoyed for a few years I no longer enjoy. What she was doing she no longer does. And she has endless endless endless mental and physical health updates. And even if the topic isn’t about that she still draws in something about health. I really can’t take it anymore. I’m going to keep my subscription and hope she crawls out of the hole she’s in. But for now I just can’t watch. 

That's beautiful. I love wind chimes.

Funny story, my ex husband hated wind chimes and would never allow me to have any. And now I don't have anywhere to hang one. 

9 hours ago, boltnrun said:

That's beautiful. I love wind chimes.

Funny story, my ex husband hated wind chimes and would never allow me to have any. And now I don't have anywhere to hang one. 

Awwww that is too bad . They are so nice at times . 

I am watching a new person recently on YouTube. Just watching her get breakfast and lunches ready for 12 kids makes my head spin. It reminds me of when I had 5 daycare kids and 2 before and afters and a helper and my son and me. I was running my dish washer twice a day and between making food and changing diapers and the needs of so many kids I was just spinning . 

The girl on YouTube who started to annoy me has an annoying habit of CONSTANTLY touching her hair. I mean non stop. I just want to reach through my phone and cut it short so she will stop. Time to STOP watching . If you don’t get something from it don’t watch it. 

I really hate it when people forget what democracy means .  They only care about it when something works out for them . I had to mute someone  in my own my old town for starting a petition about something they don’t like but the petition in its self is against democracy and the Charter but that is ok. 🙄Nope, sorry sunshine. Unfortunately, she is an old boss but sorry sunshine mute for you.

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• How To Make A Woman Want You Sexually (Guide To Building Her Interest And Sexual Attraction)
      Learn how to make a woman want you sexually! In today's video we're talking about sexual attraction and how you make a woman want you! We're going to be discussing some useful tips you can put to work to get a woman interested in you and building that sexual desire. Often men think they know exactly what women want, men in sports cars with big houses a big wallet and a bad boy attitude. This might be what the ladies want in movies but not in real life it's very different. To know what a lady wants you need to understand what you need to do to make her want you sexually. Imagine if you knew the secret formula to do this, the one that tells you exactly what women want sexually. The formula would let you know exactly what you need to do to get a woman to fall into your arms, sounds too good to be true right? Well it's not! It's as easy as being mindful of your own behaviour and adopting steel-proof boundaries. Want to know some more? Well don't move an inch.

• 0 replies
    • How to know when he's really fallen in LOVE
      You’re falling in love with your man deeper every day, but you don’t know if he feels the same way for you. It’s natural to want to know his feelings for you. What happens when he doesn’t say it or he’s not the type to say that? His actions tell you he loves you, but you could be wrong, right? So how do you know when he’s really in love with you? It’s not always so easy, but it’s not impossible either!

• 0 replies
    • 6 Psychological Secrets of Attraction
      Knowing whether or not someone is “into you” can be incredibly difficult if they don’t explicitly say it. In this video, we will be looking at some psychological secrets of attraction.

• 0 replies
    • This Healing Mindset That Helps Overcome Trauma Symptoms
      If you grew up with neglect and abuse, you've needed time to talk about what happened, and how parents and others treated you. But THEN what? Once you've acknowledged the past and gained an understanding of how you developed symptoms of trauma, how can you overcome those symptoms, and move forward with building a happy and fulfilled life? In this video I teach about the two general categories of comments I see on my channel, and what that suggestions about the commenter's readiness to heal.

• 0 replies
    • "I Want A Girlfriend" Do THIS First
      I want a girlfriend. Have you ever found yourself thinking "I want a girlfriend" but you're not quite sure if you're actually ready for one? Before you go about doing anything else it's important to make sure that you actually need a girlfriend right now.

• 0 replies