Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

Posted (edited)

So today I went back to our old town to pick up my medications. Hubby was at work and my son didn’t want to come. It is a 3 hour trip there and 3 hours back. During the trip the further away I got from my husband I felt my panic rising. It always happens. I had to pull over because the panic actually caused me to get fuzzy vision. I closed my eyes and breathed felt better and kept on going. It makes zero sense because I know I can protect myself . I call my husband my “ protector moose” which is hilarious because he is not a big man. He is only 5’9 but I call him my moose because he is healthy as an ox usually and hard to take down. Good healthy genes. His dad was a few months from 89 when he died and his mom is 88 this year and every single one of his aunts and uncles have lived to be long over 80. So heathy stock. He is my emotional security, not physical. 

I roll into my old town and I felt a glow just radiate out of me. Sheer happiness. I was just bursting. My soul was singing I was home. I could breathe. Walked into my old grocery store and sighed with relief. I picked up my meds at the pharmacy and had to drive back to well , here. I waved goodbye to the planes overhead. I miss them so much. I prefer them to the sounds of gun ranges and grenade ranges and artillery ranges. 

Common posting Gods come through next year. 

Edited by Seraphim

Posted (edited)

So my husband might be going to The Peg this summer for a month. I am thinking of driving him there for a surprise. That would be exciting . 

Next week he has to babysit a film crew that is doing a documentary. 

Edited by Seraphim

Finally changed the address on mine and my son’s health card. I did my license the week I moved . There is so much involved for the dependents of military members when they move. My husband just rolls into his new job and the health facility transfers his records to here. Everything is done for him. 

My Anniversary tribute:

I always believed in you. I knew your potential and glittering intelligence would lead you to great things and you would believe in yourself and others would believe in you like I did. 

We have lived through the depths of utter despair and reached the glory of the  stars in our march together through time. Our unparalleled devotion and love will make sure we are undefeated in making the next 28 years together filled with success and happiness. I love you beloved . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mylolita said:

Chin chin! Clink clink! 

Congratulations!

x

I have been eyeing the Platinum Jubilee stuff and forgot my MIL gave me these from the Silver Jubliee about 7 years ago. 

I was in the hospital all night with my mom . We got there at 7 and never left until 4 AM. I am so effin tired. Apparently she has vertigo from the liquid leaking in her eyes. She doesn’t have her consult until May 11 and then they will decide what to do about her eyes. 

My taxes worked  out . I owe less than $500. But my husband gets a bigger return than what I owe so that is great.