Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

No symptoms today except for feeling a bit dry and dehydrated. Last night I had an episode of reactive throat in the middle of the night which was terrified . 

Went to sleep at 7:30 yesterday and then hubby wakes me up at 9:30 to ask me if I need to do anything for tomorrow. 😡😡Then I didn’t sleep again until 2 AM. I wanted to smack the crap out of him. I am so exhausted I could die right now. 

On 4/15/2022 at 1:53 AM, Seraphim said:

Yes, it wasn’t too serious . My husband tried backing up in a service station to give someone more room at the pump and slammed into someone turning into the station. Our vehicle is ok. The other had a tiny bit of damage. 

My nerves are just toast. 

You need some time off Seraphim!

Is there anything you would really like to do, or a relaxing place you can just get away, like a calming friends house where you can go sleep, read, go for walks, take long baths and eat lovely comfort food? 

x

1 hour ago, mylolita said:

You need some time off Seraphim!

Is there anything you would really like to do, or a relaxing place you can just get away, like a calming friends house where you can go sleep, read, go for walks, take long baths and eat lovely comfort food? 

x

Finally everyone is gone home . Yay. Some soup and then sleep . The closer I get to 60 the more tired I get. 

The end of the month is my anniversary so maybe we will do something then. 

• Like 1

I truly think this is a sinus infection . I had another Chaga tea after feeling like utter crap yesterday and so much mucus drained with in a half hour. Now my massive headache where my head is going to explode is gone . A few more cup of tea and I should be ok. 

3 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I truly think this is a sinus infection . I had another Chaga tea after feeling like utter crap yesterday and so much mucus drained with in a half hour. Now my massive headache where my head is going to explode is gone . A few more cup of tea and I should be ok. 

Seraphim!

This Changa tea you talk about! What is it? I’ve never heard of it! Would you recommend? And is it quite strong? Do you have to watch how much you take?

x

10 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Seraphim!

This Changa tea you talk about! What is it? I’ve never heard of it! Would you recommend? And is it quite strong? Do you have to watch how much you take?

x

Chaga is a mushroom that grows primarily on birch trees which are common in nothern climates of Canada and Northern US and some of Northern Europe I believe . It is very hard almost like rock. It can be boiled in hunks or ground up. It is the best anti oxidant on the planet , it gets rid of bacteria and it is a great anti inflammatory. It is great for the immune system and diabetes and cancer and a host of things . Indigenous peoples of Northern Climates have used it for centuries. 

https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-chaga-mushrooms

141367ED-F872-4917-A524-3CD2D4EBAD6D.jpeg

I have gotten cubes directly off the tree up at my husband’s aunt’s property and have bought ground from Amazon. I have it quite strong . The cubes you can boil repeatedly until no more colour comes out . 

I would drink it a few times a week but it can be drunk daily. If you are breastfeeding I might avoid. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Chaga is a mushroom that grows primarily on birch trees which are common in nothern climates of Canada and Northern US and some of Northern Europe I believe . It is very hard almost like rock. It can be boiled in hunks or ground up. It is the best anti oxidant on the planet , it gets rid of bacteria and it is a great anti inflammatory. It is great for the immune system and diabetes and cancer and a host of things . Indigenous peoples of Northern Climates have used it for centuries. 

https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-chaga-mushrooms

141367ED-F872-4917-A524-3CD2D4EBAD6D.jpeg

Ohhhh wow! Oh very interesting!

Now I thought I was wise drinking matcha but this looks impressive! Would it give the same benefit put into herbal tea bags or do you need to go the whole way, buy the chunk and pop it in your glass cup!?

I have never heard of this before! 

Does it help with your diabetes Seraphim? My mother in law had Diabetes, she actually managed to reverse it it wasn’t too bad a case. She lost three stone and changed her lifestyle, more walking, less sugar, not many carbs. All this health talk on the forum recently has made me think we are not young-ish forever and I shouldn’t be so flippant! 

x

3 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I have gotten cubes directly off the tree up at my husband’s aunt’s property and have bought ground from Amazon. I have it quite strong . The cubes you can boil repeatedly until no more colour comes out . 

I would drink it a few times a week but it can be drunk daily. If you are breastfeeding I might avoid. 

This is great info thanks Seraphim I am honestly going to give it a try!

Does it help with asthma do you think? My husband has had asthma since being a kid. He is quite bad with it sometimes, though he never lets on.

x

1 minute ago, mylolita said:

Ohhhh wow! Oh very interesting!

Now I thought I was wise drinking matcha but this looks impressive! Would it give the same benefit put into herbal tea bags or do you need to go the whole way, buy the chunk and pop it in your glass cup!?

I have never heard of this before! 

Does it help with your diabetes Seraphim? My mother in law had Diabetes, she actually managed to reverse it it wasn’t too bad a case. She lost three stone and changed her lifestyle, more walking, less sugar, not many carbs. All this health talk on the forum recently has made me think we are not young-ish forever and I shouldn’t be so flippant! 

x

I haven’t used it for diabetes but I could try it because I have my next blood draw End May and my first in person appointment with my doctor in 2.5 years! 
My diabetes is diet and exercise controlled I am not on medication. My AIC was 6.9 when found and now hovers around 6 which is pre diabetic range. I lost about 20 pounds since I was diagnosed. 

4 minutes ago, mylolita said:

This is great info thanks Seraphim I am honestly going to give it a try!

Does it help with asthma do you think? My husband has had asthma since being a kid. He is quite bad with it sometimes, though he never lets on.

x

I am asthmatic as well since birth. It does reduce inflammation in the body and inflammation is part of asthma and allergies. It gets rid of mucous pretty effectively . 

• Like 1

I wake this morning to find out my fav hockey player died. 😓He was also my pépère‘a fav. If you watched Canadian hockey in the 70’s and 80’s you would have known the name of , Guy Lafleur . One of hockey’s all time great players. 5 Stanley Cups all before sports players were given monumental salaries. So for that he was given a life time job with the Montreal Canadiens ( Habs) who he played for and won all his Stanley Cups with. 
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/habs-legend-guy-lafleur-has-died-at-age-70-1.5871625

• Sad 1