Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

56 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm happy to hear your brother is feeling better.

Thanks I was scared for him there for a bit . He was terrified too. Maybe it was an extreme reaction to the vaccine ??? I dunno. I can’t see him getting better this rapidly from Covid. But he did get the vaccine maybe 10 days ago? 

I’m so glad your brother is feeling better!!!

It sounds like what I had in January last year! I wonder if somehow he was exposed to a COVID variant when he went for the vaccine? They say incubation period would be between 4-10 days for the most part.

Or - a friend of mine had already had COVID so when she got her first dose of the vaccine, her body really reacted. But - that was within a day or so.

Whatever it was, I am so glad he is doing better!!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, luminousone said:

I’m so glad your brother is feeling better!!!

It sounds like what I had in January last year! I wonder if somehow he was exposed to a COVID variant when he went for the vaccine? They say incubation period would be between 4-10 days for the most part.

Or - a friend of mine had already had COVID so when she got her first dose of the vaccine, her body really reacted. But - that was within a day or so.

Whatever it was, I am so glad he is doing better!!

I really reacted to the same vaccine as well. Not as bad as him he was extreme but I had a bad reaction to the same vaccine. I am wondering if we were both exposed at sometime. But I don’t remember even having a sniffle in the past 2 years. 

I think my son’s vaccine refusal is a form of growth. Let me explain . You know when teenagers about 16 start pushing back with their own ideas and start building independence? That is what he is doing. Later than others , but as the psychologist said he will develop roughly 10 years behind his peers. So his reading and listening to Rebel News is his rebellion and independence. His social vulnerability makes it easy for loonies to prey on him. 

When my son was young say 4 I believe he was accessed at having the play skills of someone 18 months old. As my son gets older the divide between him and his peers grows and grows. The psychologist who did his diagnosis said he could be 10 to 15 years behind his peers as an adult and will always need some form of support and accommodation. 

My father’s brother classified as this in the early 70’s. Lots of personality and mood and mental disorders in my paternal family. 

From the Mayo Clinic site
Symptoms

Antisocial personality disorder signs and symptoms may include:

Disregard for right and wrong

Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others

Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others

Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure

Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated

Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior

Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty

Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead

Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence

Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others

Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others

Poor or abusive relationships

Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them

Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations

Adults with antisocial personality disorder typically show symptoms of conduct disorder before the age of 15. Signs and symptoms of conduct disorder include serious, persistent behavior problems, such as:

Aggression toward people and animals

Destruction of property

Deceitfulness

Theft

Serious violation of rules

Although antisocial personality disorder is considered lifelong, in some people, certain symptoms — particularly destructive and criminal behavior — may decrease over time. But it's not clear whether this decrease is a result of aging or an increased awareness of the consequences of antisocial behavior.

Last day of the Victoria Day weekend or more commonly known now The May 24 Weekend or the beginning of the summer season. It was a glorious weekend weather wise ! Hubby and I spent most of the day yesterday just out in nature. It was glorious. The boy watched his NASCAR race and his favourite driver won. Well, his new favourite driver because his original ones are retired now. 

The Victoria Day weekend is when Canadians celebrate the Monarch’s birthday . It was decided to pick when Queen Victoria born so it doesn’t change with every Monarch.