Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

I donate to World Central Kitchen.  They feed anyone who is hungry, no questions asked.  And they do this all over the world.

When people are hungry they can't seek work, they can't try to improve their situation.  They can't do anything.  Jose Andres (the celebrity chef who started this organization) is a wonderful, giving man.

I've handed things out to homeless people but as you said, there are so many of them.  This organization has fed thousands.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I donate to World Central Kitchen.  They feed anyone who is hungry, no questions asked.  And they do this all over the world.

When people are hungry they can't seek work, they can't try to improve their situation.  They can't do anything.  Jose Andres (the celebrity chef who started this organization) is a wonderful, giving man.

I've handed things out to homeless people but as you said, there are so many of them.  This organization has fed thousands.

Maybe I could make food and distribute. I know one store where homeless  people are perpetually in front of because it is a high traffic area. 

So we are # 24 on the priority 1 list which is great! My son says it is a good luck number it was Jeff Gordon’s number. I think we will go close to on time. My husband is pushing me to work to the very last second I can but it isn’t fair to anyone and I am doing it fair for me and them. He’s not going to be the one at home getting the house ready to move. They get two days off before the move and two days after the move off work big woopy doo. That leaves me doing everything like the last move forget it. I need about three weeks to a month to get everything ready. So he’s just gonna have to suck it up. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Yeah, I am only moving myself and I've been packing up all week. No way can a family of 3 pack up and move a household in two days!

To be fair the military has somebody pack up the stuff ,move it and unpack it and they pay for everything. But I have a 11 years worth of stuff piled up that I need to purge there’s stuff I haven’t even unpacked from the last move.  Stuff I don’t want them touching, like my jewellery and stuff from my other son’s funeral ,my cats ashes my grandmother’s  tea cups ,my wedding glasses and they don’t move my backyard play equipment etc. So there’s a lot to do. Then I have to have this place professionally cleaned when I leave. And you have to leave it exactly as you found it so we have to seed the backyard etc. etc.

I'm trying to purge too. I moved from a 2 bedroom 2 bath house with a garage to a 1 bedroom apartment with no garage to my brother's house where I've been living in one room with only one kitchen cabinet and now to a studio apartment.  I have to get rid of things I really love but I just have no space. And I can't afford to continue to pay for my storage unit.

So, I feel you!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

I'm trying to purge too. I moved from a 2 bedroom 2 bath house with a garage to a 1 bedroom apartment with no garage to my brother's house where I've been living in one room with only one kitchen cabinet and now to a studio apartment.  I have to get rid of things I really love but I just have no space. And I can't afford to continue to pay for my storage unit.

So, I feel you!

I hear you when we moved here we move from 4000 ft.² to 1000 ft.². And I don’t know the size of the house we are moving to but it supposed to be a three bedroom. Which usually  means that the bedrooms are micro. We have a two bedroom right now and the bedrooms are pretty big. Nothing like my old house mind you the bedrooms were gigantic but good enough. 

1 minute ago, boltnrun said:

Ugh, I'm sorry.

The young couple in Nova Scotia whose YouTube videos I watch will be so disappointed.  They are itching to travel.

Well, not Ontario they won’t… lol. Ours is a provincial order. Every province is doing it their own way. And I think Nova Scotia is in a lockdown right now anyway.