Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

It is sad and seems we are coming to the close of the second Elizabethan Era.  The passing of an old guard, an older and more glorious age. An age with honour and devotion and dedication. With the passing of her Consort her passing seems all the more real and pressing and close. When the sunsets and rises again without the modern Gloriana. 

I wonder what the age of a King will bring. What name shall he choose. His own name or that of his grandfather or maybe his father. King Charles III or George VII or ....what will be the essence of his reign? 

I will say I am EXTREMELY frustrated and disappointed in our vaccine roll out . I am done looking for a place to get a vaccine. I really am. When people 25 years younger than me are getting theirs and even younger than the provincial standard to get one I can’t there is bullshyte in the system . Just over it. 

• Sad 1
17 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

My parents were finally able to get both of their 1st and 2nd shots, but it took a long long time.  And they're in the high risk category where they really need them.  I'm sorry you're having a hard time.

My mom and step dad got their first shots but here in Canada second shots are being delayed by three months because we can’t get enough supply. Today our provincial standard drop to 40 to start applying to get Astra Zeneca at pharmacies. But what they did is they opened pharmacy booking systems a day early. Every single solitary pharmacy in the province is booked to the eyeballs until at least May. I even had myself on the registered waiting list for the last seven weeks ,never got an email never got a call nothing but people who are never on the list somehow got an appointment. Not  only that I know somebody personally who is 30 years old who got her shot today and not at the pharmacy either but at the provincial booking system which is reserved for 60 and above. How does this crap even happen. 

Like I said so over it. 

I had a major success on the weekend. I am intensely claustrophobic and anyone on here who has known me a hot minute knows it is so intense I see spots and almost physically pass out or want to run around screaming until I die. My husband wanted to get the truck washed in the car wash this weekend. I challenged myself and went too. I took my phone and my headphones as well. As we drove in I put on my headphones and listened to YouTube. Throughout the whole car wash my anxiety level only rose to about a 1 out of 10. When I get anxiety is feels like a rock in my stomach. I only had a mild flutter and I was completely under control. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Not  only that I know somebody personally who is 30 years old who got her shot today and not at the pharmacy either but at the provincial booking system which is reserved for 60 and above. How does this crap even happen. 

In some cities the teacher's union was telling them to use the healthcare tab when registering online (some got in trouble for this), so it may some just clicking things like that, or maybe some of them really are in healthcare and need to get it early.

The ones in healthcare that are exposed a lot probably should get vaccines because we know some of them have been getting a more intense version of the virus due to bio-overload amplifying it.  

I know someone in their 30's who was healthy, and she got it and it caused neurological damage (hallucinations, mentally ill thinking etc.), meaning it can somehow cross the blood brain barrier (I believe).  That is not common with that family of viruses.  

Here is an article that cites a couple of studies marking these psychiatric problems that are not typical with coronaviruses, leading one to wonder why this one suddenly is causing it.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02599-5

From the article they prove in one study using COV2, that they can infect neurons grown inside a lab (not human body). 

But it highlights that they still cannot figure out how it crosses that blood brain barrier:

There is clear evidence that SARS-CoV-2 can infect neurons. Muotri’s team specializes in building ‘organoids’ — miniaturized clumps of brain tissue, made by coaxing human pluripotent stem cells to differentiate into neurons.

In a May preprint7, the team showed that SARS-CoV-2 could infect neurons in these organoids, killing some and reducing the formation of synapses between them. Work by immunologist Akiko Iwasaki and her colleagues at Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, seems to confirm this using human organoids, mouse brains and some post-mortem examinations, according to a preprint published on 8 September8. But questions remain over how the virus might reach people’s brains. 

(Emphasis mine)

“We have seen the virus in the brain itself,” says Fowkes: electron microscopes revealed its presence. But virus levels were low and were not consistently detectable. Furthermore, if the virus was invading through the olfactory nerve, the associated brain region should be the first to be affected. “We’re simply not seeing the virus involved in the olfactory bulb,” says Fowkes. Rather, she says, infections in the brain are small and tend to cluster around blood vessels.

More proof it is coming from a breech in the blood brain barrier, meaning the virus was probably manipulated (not naturally occurring). 

I know for sure this girl is not in health care. She’s a daycare provider just like me but she belongs to an agency and me being an independent somehow they out rank me according to the government. Ridiculous as 70% of childcare is done by independent providers like me. She’s also over the top out of this world anxious about her daughter’s asthma. I mean over the loopy do crazy. For us you must state your age and put in your health card number to even get through the provincial system so they’re going to know how old you are. She only got in because she’s a daycare provider through an agency. But as I said 70% of child care through through independents like me but we are nothing but peons to the government. 

13 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

In some cities the teacher's union was telling them to use the healthcare tab when registering online (some got in trouble for this), so it may some just clicking things like that, or maybe some of them really are in healthcare and need to get it early.

The ones in healthcare that are exposed a lot probably should get vaccines because we know some of them have been getting a more intense version of the virus due to bio-overload amplifying it.  

I know someone in their 30's who was healthy, and she got it and it caused neurological damage (hallucinations, mentally ill thinking etc.), meaning it can somehow cross the blood brain barrier (I believe).  That is not common with that family of viruses.  

Here is an article that cites a couple of studies marking these psychiatric problems that are not typical with coronaviruses, leading one to wonder why this one suddenly is causing it.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02599-5

This is not too encouraging either as I already have neurological damage in my brain. 

This site ( https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12035-020-02134-7) has a lot of cited studies on the initial findings of COVID 19, however I looked through and when it came to explaining the blood brain barrier problem, it frequently cites studies that are of a completely different kind of virus family (flaviviridae family which are ones like West Nile, Zika, etc.  not at all similar to the coronaviruses).  I wondered when I saw it kept referring to things like the olfactory bulb/nerves, which we already have found out is probably not the way it is getting in due to brain autopsies and there being no virus found in that area, yet in other areas.  It is very misleading when it comes to that, because it seems to be suggesting these studies prove this about the COVID 19, when in reality it is frequently citing flaviviridae in those studies.

This one study from Wuhan itself found here (edited https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2008-3)   is enlightening, even though they also suggest the olfactory bulb again, which there isn't any evidence yet of.  It's notable that this study (edited because I switched it originally (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/2766766 )reveals the #1 treatment they use is both Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine, something our media freaked out about, but has proven to be very effective in treatment.  

This is also from the China study

The identification of multiple SARS-like CoVs in bats have led to the idea that these animals act as hosts of a natural reservoir of these viruses22,23. Although SARS-like viruses have been identified widely in bats in China, viruses identical to SARS-CoV have not yet been documented.

Notably, WHCV is most closely related to bat coronaviruses, and shows 100% amino acid similarity to bat SL-CoVZC45 in the nsp7 and E proteins (Supplementary Table 3). Thus, these data suggest that bats are a possible host for the viral reservoir of WHCV. However, as a variety of animal species were for sale in the market when the disease was first reported, further studies are needed to determine the natural reservoir and any intermediate hosts of WHCV.

Basically, the Wuhan Coronavirus (WHCV) has no known natural reservoir, and no known identical SARS-CoV documented, even though it matches 100% aa's to the bat coronaviruses, which is just odd.

Sorry to post so much, it is so strange.

7 hours ago, Seraphim said:

My mom and step dad got their first shots but here in Canada second shots are being delayed by three months because we can’t get enough supply. Today our provincial standard drop to 40 to start applying to get Astra Zeneca at pharmacies. But what they did is they opened pharmacy booking systems a day early. Every single solitary pharmacy in the province is booked to the eyeballs until at least May. I even had myself on the registered waiting list for the last seven weeks ,never got an email never got a call nothing but people who are never on the list somehow got an appointment. Not  only that I know somebody personally who is 30 years old who got her shot today and not at the pharmacy either but at the provincial booking system which is reserved for 60 and above. How does this crap even happen. 

Like I said so over it. 

Getting my family vaccinated basically required me to learn the pharmacies batch drop times, spend literal hours with multiple tabs open on multiple devices, and joining a Facebook group dedicated to vaccine hunting.  That group was invaluable and there’s no way we’d all be vaccinated without it.  

it seems Canada has its own type of vaccine hunter group.  And probably more I can’t find.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/toronto.citynews.ca/2021/04/20/canadas-vaccine-hunters-twitter/amp/

try it.  Seriously, I would not be vaccinated if I didn’t utilize a group like this.  

6 hours ago, Cheetarah said:

Getting my family vaccinated basically required me to learn the pharmacies batch drop times, spend literal hours with multiple tabs open on multiple devices, and joining a Facebook group dedicated to vaccine hunting.  That group was invaluable and there’s no way we’d all be vaccinated without it.  

it seems Canada has its own type of vaccine hunter group.  And probably more I can’t find.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/toronto.citynews.ca/2021/04/20/canadas-vaccine-hunters-twitter/amp/

try it.  Seriously, I would not be vaccinated if I didn’t utilize a group like this.  

Thank you. I just followed them. Hopefully they can find appointments as I have kids many hours a day except Sat and Sun. 

4 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Thank you. I just followed them. Hopefully they can find appointments as I have kids many hours a day except Sat and Sun. 

I can try to help you...I just have to learn Canada’s in and outs.  We had all sorts of restrictions and eligibility stuff.  I found another group.  Let me dig around.  Waitlists in Canada are probably as useless as they are here(I’ve been on waitlists since February, I’m already fully vaccinated and I STILL never heard from a waitlist).  I’ll PM you later on when I figure this out