Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

3 hours ago, mylolita said:

Seraphim,

I am bothered about the war every single day and night. It weighs heavy on my mind. I often turn over what it means for the rest of the western world. What can I do though? I keep asking my husband for reassurance and he hasn’t said this exactly but it’s along the lines of - what do you want me to say? 

My main thing has been to stop watching the news…

“And I recommend to stop, watching the news, because the news conspires to frighten you. To make you feel small and alone, to make you feel your mind isn’t your own.” - Morrissey, ‘Spent The Day In Bed’

x

I hear you. 
We are a military family so it weighs heavily on me. My husband is a very avid news watcher unfortunately. 

Thank you so much for the comfort .❤️

I love the Smiths and Morrissey. One of my fav songs is Every Day is like Sunday. 

On 3/31/2022 at 9:20 PM, Seraphim said:

I hear you. 
We are a military family so it weighs heavily on me. My husband is a very avid news watcher unfortunately. 

Thank you so much for the comfort .❤️

I love the Smiths and Morrissey. One of my fav songs is Every Day is like Sunday. 

Seraphim,

A girl after my own heart!!!

That song, you probably know this, is about Hartlepool, a place I know quite well in the UK! (I think it is anyway, check me on that!) 

It’s hard isn’t it. I try not too, it’s like a morbid curiosity sometimes I can’t stop myself. If this is anything it looks like things are settling down though and turning around. Hey let’s see, maybe this year might surprise us and flip around right?! Or next year?! C’mon, team next year, right??? 😉

All the best,

x

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mylolita said:

Dear Seraphim,

Has your husband had his results back yet?

Best,

Lo x

He doesn’t have his test until tomorrow and then we have to wait for the doctor to call with results. Not sure how long that might take. Although I believe it he has cancer they have 2 weeks to inform him. 

My son had a great time at his social outing last night and got second place in the tournament. He is getting to know other people as well. So happy about that . 

He has also returned back to his normal self now that the mask mandate is gone . Well in town it is . On the base we still have to wear it in buildings that are not our home. Covid is a bit rampant right now on base but we don’t care at this point . We need to be happy people . My son has had serious issues in trying to control rage during the mandate and has now returned to normal. THANK YOU GOD. I couldn’t face anymore. I can’t even tell people how bad it got . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

My son had a great time at his social outing last night and got second place in the tournament. He is getting to know other people as well. So happy about that . 

He has also returned back to his normal self now that the mask mandate is gone . Well in town it is . On the base we still have to wear it in buildings that are not our home. Covid is a bit rampant right now on base but we don’t care at this point . We need to be happy people . My son has had serious issues in trying to control rage during the mandate and has now returned to normal. THANK YOU GOD. I couldn’t face anymore. I can’t even tell people how bad it got . 

Me and him too! 😉 x

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

He doesn’t have his test until tomorrow and then we have to wait for the doctor to call with results. Not sure how long that might take. Although I believe it he has cancer they have 2 weeks to inform him. 

Ahhh okay Seraphim.

Try not to worry sending all my well wishes. I always think the worst when it comes to health things. Right now I am experiencing some strange stomach cramping and y’know, could just be general woman things, general not long since you had a baby, sometimes I get racing thoughts like, am I pregnant again unexpectedly?! But then my mind always goes to the worst.

x

On 4/5/2022 at 9:31 AM, mylolita said:

Ahhh okay Seraphim.

Try not to worry sending all my well wishes. I always think the worst when it comes to health things. Right now I am experiencing some strange stomach cramping and y’know, could just be general woman things, general not long since you had a baby, sometimes I get racing thoughts like, am I pregnant again unexpectedly?! But then my mind always goes to the worst.

x

Absolutely mine goes to the worst as well. He is waiting in the imaging dept of the hospital right now. 

15 hours ago, Seraphim said:

If found early all the forms are survivable . 

Yes. Very treatable. Very high recovery rate. My friend had it about 6 years ago. They did end up removing her thyroid. And she couldn't come to thanksgiving that year because her treatments made her radioactive. When I brought her leftovers, we couldn't be in the same room. She is ok now, though.

35 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Yes. Very treatable. Very high recovery rate. My friend had it about 6 years ago. They did end up removing her thyroid. And she couldn't come to thanksgiving that year because her treatments made her radioactive. When I brought her leftovers, we couldn't be in the same room. She is ok now, though.

Oh dear god I hope that is not needed. We have a very tiny house. My son and I and the daycare kids would have to leave . 

1 minute ago, Seraphim said:

Oh dear god I hope that is not needed. We have a very tiny house. My son and I and the daycare kids would have to leave .

Yes, definitely something to keep in mind if it turns out he has it. There could be other treatments available that don't require quarantine. I only have my friend's experience to go by. 

1 minute ago, Jibralta said:

Yes, definitely something to keep in mind if it turns out he has it. There could be other treatments available that don't require quarantine. I only have my friend's experience to go by. 

Wow, I am sorry she had to go through that. How long was the quarantine? 

4 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

How long was the quarantine?

I'll ask her & let you know. I don't think it was a long time, but my memory is a little fuzzy.

2 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I read it is commonly diagnosed between 35-65 and more common in women than men.

She was 43 or 44 at the time.