Supervisor asked questions about co worker friends behavior..do I tell her?

icanhaz23

"Jessica" sounds incompetent. Don't do her job for her. Something about this three ring circus makes you feel powerful, when in fact your manipulations are backfiring.

Stay away from Abby. Are you trying to date her? What's all this about 'having her under your wing', the secret toilet texting and encouraging her to trash your supervisor dressed up as "venting"?

Yes. She has yet to do so

So yesterday she finally talked to her and dressed her down very publicly and of course it backfired and her attitude got worse. Obviously I don’t agree with her tactics. Abby is trying to take it up the ladder with the higher ups about how she’s being treated by Jessica

But I stayed completely out of it and just did my work yesterday. I’m supportive of Abby’s well being as a friend and encouraged her to look for other opportunities since this just isn’t working out for her.

Jessica never wanted to be in this position, she took it to please the higher ups after the last supervisor got fired. This is why I never would advise people to move into these positions unless they really want it.

So yesterday she finally talked to her and dressed her down very publicly and of course it backfired and her attitude got worse. Obviously I don’t agree with her tactics. Abby is trying to take it up the ladder with the higher ups about how she’s being treated by Jessica

But I stayed completely out of it and just did my work yesterday. I’m supportive of Abby’s well being as a friend and encouraged her to look for other opportunities since this just isn’t working out for her.

Jessica never wanted to be in this position, she took it to please the higher ups after the last supervisor got fired. This is why I never would advise people to move into these positions unless they really want it.

I think you're doing a decent job at staying out of it. If I were you I'd even cut out the amount of input you've given - stay completely out of it. You have no idea what goes on with Jessica internally and your comments tell me you're still too involved/meddling. None of that will end well if you continue. For example apparently everyone assumed I would be back at work 4 days after giving birth (I was in management) even though I'd never said or implied such a thing (because it wasn't true in the least). Their perceptions of me as a professional colored what they thought I thought and wanted as far as my post-baby plans.

What a mess. Good you are staying out of it. Both are in tough positions. Is the place kind of toxic otherwise?

So yesterday she finally talked to her and dressed her down very publicly and of course it backfired and her attitude got worse. Obviously I don’t agree with her tactics. Abby is trying to take it up the ladder with the higher ups about how she’s being treated by Jessica. But I stayed completely out of it and just did my work yesterday.

yeah our top 2 mangers are feuding and trying to sabatoge each other

I’ve actually been assigned projects by one that the other doesn’t want done and then getting asked by the other why I’m doing it and it be taken away from me. Then the first one will tell me to do it without the other knowing

I would say “stay out of it” you do not need to say anything to Abby. It will only upset her. It’s also not extremely important information that Abby needs to know. You aren’t betraying her. If the manager told you she was going to get fired, id say that’s important maybe! But me personally, I would also not repeat that because it’s none of my business.

Archived