Yes, abitbroken: I came to the same conclusion myself!

I wouldn’t say my thoughts was to fix him, just “oh, he is confiding in me on a deeper level, that must mean something right? maybe he likes me and is too afraid to ask”

He did not like me that way evidently! He was just being friendly and also ‘oversharing”

And yes, I saw what I wanted to see. Dang rose colored glasses! 😉

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, abitbroken: I came to the same conclusion myself!

I wouldn’t say my thoughts was to fix him, just “oh, he is confiding in me on a deeper level, that must mean something right? maybe he likes me and is too afraid to ask”

He did not like me that way evidently! He was just being friendly and also ‘oversharing”

And yes, I saw what I wanted to see. Dang rose colored glasses! 😉

If someone likes you and is too afraid to ask you out on a date even if you are showing interest then all it means is that they prioritize their comfort zone over getting to know you. (either because they would be like that with anyone or because they are not sufficiently interested in you to take the risk - it really doesn't matter, especially with a near stranger).

If you choose rose colored glasses over self-honesty - be very "clear" with yourself that is a choice -it's not "I can't help myself". If you prioritize finding a good match for a serious relationship you will make the choices that might be harder in the short term for your long term goals. I had to do that for my marriage, family, and careers. Nothing came easy to me. I say that because I can relate that while romance might come easy to some people -meaning long term commitment type romance -it did not for me. I'm glad I stayed the course.

Thanks Batya,

I feel the same. Lots in my life has come easy, romance certainly never has.

Thanks for the encouragement. I’m not planning to give up in general, if you saw my other thread, this guy is toast.

You're so lucky that the other stuff came easy! I had to work extremely hard for my education (even though we pretended I was on the crew team lol JUST KIDDING), career, marriage and child. And I still am although in different ways after reaching the initial goals.

Archived