Very annoyed with my mom

JDMxTeGrA101

Yeah I can definitely find a roommate sharing a 2 bedroom apartment but from the search I pulled up, most of them want students or young professionals that’s already advancing in an educational field

That does not make sense. I can't believe you cannot find an apartment with roommates.

Why are you in such debt? What are your education goals? Where are you working now? How much education do you have?

It feels like you have recognised what others have pointed out but I will say this - in a way, your original post didn’t surprise me as much as it did others because I feel that, when we’re living at home no matter what age, we can often slot back into a child role. It regresses us. I’m sure it’s not true for everyone but I’ve seen it many times and I felt the frustration of that in your post. My experience comes from leaving home at around 19 but due to certain circumstances ended up living at home from my mid-twenties to about your age and, honestly, I became a child again and I didn’t fully see it until I was back out living my own life.

Parents are hard at the best of times because what they say affects us as if we were still a child. So I concur with other people - do anything you can to find a way of moving out. Be your own person. Then love and support your mother but from the position of an adult. It can be hard depending on your situation (where I am, large numbers of people are still living at home well into their 30s due to rent prices) but it’s really important to get out of the house.

Archived