Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Decline of Enotalone?

WaywardKiwi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way I was able to pick myself up and grow from hitting bottom was this forum. And the only advice that made a difference was the brutally honest ones. If you don't want differing opinions, write in a journal. No one forces people on here.

Buttttt, I also think, with COVID fatigue, people worldwide have short fuses, and or want to be relevant. We are in a crazy climate where people are still unemployed, stuck in lockdown, quarantining, isolation, and depression.

Even though OP may not like how people are coming off, a lot are not here to fight, but with a been there, done that, got the T-shirt insight, sometimes there's no need to eat pounds of poop just to get to that M&M. And by that I mean, time is short - enabling, perpetuating, accepting a slop situation does not and will not ever help anyone. So, if a person is being blunt, listen. A think a lot are here on here to help. If you don't like it, scroll on to the next.

Quite so, Wiseman

"Hmmm....Also noticed steady decline in members posting since 2020.

"26 members and 694 guests

Most users ever online was 9306, 02-26-2020 at 06:25 PM"."

However, there was quite a decline already pre-2020.

maybe it is how people are treated , maybe just maybe they are sick of getting abused and insulted ....I have been here 10 years and by god it wasnt like this .... gang mentality on here now and a lot of people know it and see it .................... and people wont ask for help , and in the end no one will come on and you can all sit and row between yourselves .

I am going again , so no need to respond !!!!!!

Aahh, with some trepidation I quote Wiseman here from an earlier post on this thread:

"When someone posts a problem here there is no client-attorney, client-therapist or patient-doctor relationship established. Therefore there is no "standard of care" involved, meaning if someone posts a situation, they may get bad advice, good advice, blunt advice, opinions they don't agree with, etc. It's really the original poster's responsibility to take or leave any comments they receive in response to their posts. The original poster can also take a look at the forum rules and see that they can report any posts that are flaming, disrespectful etc and again, that is an option they have.

"

I think I can be reasonably certain that the site owner(s) and the mods do take time to look at the current situation/trends/traffic on these forums. They surely reach their own conclusions.

And Clio said this, which IMO is very pertinent:

"it's useful to have in mind that English is not everyone's mother tongue in here. That and different cultural backgrounds can sometimes distort the tone of one's reply. Imo, people whose first language is not English can sometimes unintentionally come off as more harsh/abrupt than native speakers."

When someone posts a problem here there is no client-attorney, client-therapist or patient-doctor relationship established. Therefore there is no "standard of care" involved, meaning if someone posts a situation, they may get bad advice, good advice, blunt advice, opinions they don't agree with, etc.

There is something much bigger involved here than what you refer and compare against. Each and every post to OP must radiate with compassion and empathy. Also, the ability to listen, relate and connect to their feelings. This is not a wisdom forum at all. I believe often the OP knows exactly what happened, what needs to be done. That is not why they are here. They are here to be heard.

I will be paying close attention and expecting to see an effort to be an empathetic presence for the OP. And if someone can't do that then it is time to find another forum to post in.

Archived