Still hate my job i started in january thinking about going part time

Yes and soon as thyroid meds take time before they work, your hormone levels take weeks to improve.

Okay, so there's something you can occupy yourself with tomorrow after work other than just browsing.

You set up an appointment, look up support groups or therapists in your area, check job openings, power walk around the block.

I'll tell you a well kept secret. Nobody is motivated all the time, many people are hardly ever motivated, and the majority are only sporadically motivated. They get things done because

1. No choice

2. They work on them regularly (make a short list of daily non-negotiables that have to be done just like brushing your teeth isn't optional) and they work when they're uninspired (musicians who would most like to smash their instrument at the wall, believe they'll never amount to anything, would rather be watching GOT now, but continue practicing sometimes the same old thing for months until it works for example)

Write a letter of application tomorrow, even a practice one. Call the unemployments office and ask if a consultant would be able to advise you on putting together a good application despite you being currently employed. Even if you're not going to look for jobs now you can browse openings and be ready for if something good shows up.

Do it even if it feels like crap.

Ask your doctor for a referral to someone who can help you with your persistent lack of interest in life and self-preservation, low self esteem etc.

You're actually very open to considering what's behind your initial aversion to a boring job. You are willing to be honest with yourself, and you're providing some answers yourself. I think in discourse with someone who can also offer an effective toolset to reverse this "letting go of" trend, you could make great progress. Doctors are usually not surprised that thyroid patients report depressive states either, but help should be offered readily anyway.

You posted this in December:

welp

i applied for a job that i was actually genuinly interested in. they invited me for an interview and apparently i nailed it. they had a few questions to which i didnt really know a good answer to like: what are your biggest weaknesses/strength, but i totally convinced them with my knowledge needed for the job.

im happy about the job itself since there were a bunch i applied to where i wasnt really interested in just cz i needed the money.

pay is good, the company seems really cool and caring. ill be starting in january

im really happy and hope this is the first step to a better life.

Then I think in February you posted about hating the job, today you still hate it.

Honestly...will you hate every job you get? Seems like so far you have.

Ok come back to post here when you do though. You know, for accountability! XD

i made my appointment to get checked today. ill be going there next week, get my blood checked and i hope nothing else serious adds to my stupid condition..

Then I think in February you posted about hating the job, today you still hate it.

Honestly...will you hate every job you get? Seems like so far you have.

starting whenever i did my first thread about "the job" it has always been the same job. in my december post i was talking about this job. but then i wasnt working for them and only had the version of the corporation that was sold to me. when i started working the flaws became very obvious very quick.

we have many different hardware products, most of you probably even own some of them but theres one category which i openly said have no knowledge about and they said: thats no problem we will train you. 4 months later, i still havent gotten that training, when i asked my colleagues they laughed ironically and i will never get it. 4 months later when customers call about that certain kind of product i cannot help them almost at all. its not my problem honestly and im not paid enough to actually care, but its still annoying thats true for most of our team btw. in january i was promised id get off for holidays, now they changed it that i do. So the first holiday that i actually had (friday before easter) i had to work. we went to work for 50 fcking calls.. its a joke. tomorrow, another holiday here, ill have to work again. its less about getting these off but more about the honesty or the lack thereof.

its not that i hate the job because of calling alone which might have been what my post seemed like. its many different things that are incredible to me and that are asked of us which all culminate together. all my other colleagues (whove worked there far longer than me, think the same, but they seem to have a higher tolerance.

as ive found out of the course of reading and participating in the comments of my thread some actually helped me feel better, guide in the right direction and let me see where a big part of my problems lie. its most likely less about the job but my condition.

as said before we now have to work on holidays, too. today was one and we went there FULL TEAM, because they wanted it like that. for 23 fcking calls. 23 fcking calls.. i didnt even get a call lol, partically because i did chat half of the time but there i got 1 customer.. on the one hand its great because we get paid double for doing nothing and watching netflix (watched a whole season final space and some rick and morty), on the other id much rather have the free day to be honest but that is probably because i do not "need" more money and i live a very down low life with not a bunch of idk how to put it. basically i live like i dont have a single cent (day to day) although ive been working for a couple of months. that made it possible for me to upgrade my PC, which has been my hobby of over 10 years now only after the 2nd month considerably.

been thinking if i should just treat myself a little more, in the sense of just spending a little more cash here and there to sweaten my day, to have some positive points in the day or something, but honestly i wouldnt even know what to get or do. not gonna start a drug addiction like nicotine, i dont really drink at all, if i spent it on delicious food id gain even more weight. will get a contract for my phone so i actually have internet when not at home etc.

"im not someone to whine fast and i have lots of patience but i feel like this job is costing me my sanity. i feel like ill eventually get into a downward spiral developing some kind of mental issues."

while still hating it, having had 2 days after the post and talking to people on here, i think the main issue lies with my condition and im now on the way to get it treated asap. will try to eat more nutritious and get the meds i need.

It is a great start to have arranged assistance in managing your physical health.

Seeing as international worker's day is a holiday, you are in Europe apparently, possibly central. and are now fully insured. This means you get therapy for free with your doctor's referral.

Your health certainly isn't helping your situation, and needs to be tended to, but managing your physical condition will not miraculously cure your procrastination.

This appointment is the best opportunity to get assistance from someone who can help you overcome your avoidance.

Your mom is struggling with two mouths to feed on her own, and nobody knows how long she'll be able to do that for. We have a way of receiving the lessons we need on the very paths we take to avoid them - consider that you can be forced into suddenly having to function like a responsible adult, or you can avoid the stress of such necessity by willingly working towards that level of independence and functionality.

Don't let yourself fall into the trap of self-deception that a good diet and thyroid meds will clear up the psychological resistance to take control of your life, but use this little personal victory as encouragement and reminder that you've decided on a new direction, and are using everything at your disposal to remove all self-imposed obstacles out of the way.

ye, treating my condition will not make my life magically amazing but i think and hope it will improve my VERY negative view on life etc and help me be more active. i used to be different and not such a procrastinating slob. nowadays i get overwhelmed unnaturally quickly and doing the easiest stuff "now" is incredibly hard for me. even just making a stupid phone call ill be like: "ye ill do that tmrw".

and ill still be looking for another job. but i feel like i can bear it a little better atm, than when i opened the thread.

Ever thing about trading your spin class for something like weight lifting? If you are out of shape, weight lifting can go a long way in reshaping your body and giving you confidence and strength. You can lose the weight and have some muscle underneath, instead of losing the weight and just being skinny fat.

welp, i got my bloodtest results today. turns out my thyroid dysfunction is not even a problem anymore but i got way too high bloodsugar. got meds for both tho. (she said it would make it a little easier to lose weight, so she still gave me thyroid meds) she said if i lose 10-15kg id probably already be fine. she still sent me to get checked out at the diabetologist, and she will check me again in 2 weeks.

Archived