I'm quite hurt. My ex was very clingy and demanding

So my ex and I were together for about 8-9 months. We met at the gym. Like every relationship, the first two months felt fabulous. Then everything after that went down hill. She was very demanding to me. Always wanted me to follow her around to do her chores and such. If I didn't want to go shopping with her, she would get mad.

On my birthday, my relatives decided to come to my place last minute to celebrate it with me. My plan was to se my girlfriend later on that night at her house. She canceled her night on me because I couldn't reply as fast. She is always expecting me to be on my phone.

So she ended up splitting up with me because i'm putting my foot down on things I don't want to do anymore. Right after that, she asked for ALL her gifts back. I did give it back to her but I never asked for mine back in return. She's too immature.

I know I have messed up and made my mistakes as well. I'm not a perfect human being. But to be honest, this girl only cared about herself. She wanted me to ditch my family on christmas to spend it with her family. She wanted me to ditch my aunts birthday WHO WAS THERE ON MINE. Like it drives me crazy how selfish she is.

I told her my dream one day is to travel the world for work. She replied and tells me "don't ever come back into my life if you ever do that job. I need a lot of attention". When we got into an argument later on, I brought that up and then she says SHE DOESN"T REMEMBER. Then, she tells me she was joking. How can she be joking if she doesn't remember?

It just hurts me a lot right now and I want to get over it. I have avoided the classes she goes to at the gym to avoid seeing her.

Bullet dodged, 100 percent.

And you know what? Somewhere in there she knows she’s a bullet. That was the “I need attention” quip. She wishes she was joking, but that is her truth, and rather than work to make her truth different she finds people who will take it. Until they can’t anymore.

You’re in a better place. Feel what you need to feel. Do some reflecting on things. This is will pass. You’ve got this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• 3 Simple Strategies To Ditch The Imposter Syndrome
      Have you ever felt like you're a fraud who doesn't belong? According to a recent article published in the International Journal of Behavioral Science, seven in every ten people have or will experience impostor syndrome at some point in their lives. We couldn't see our tribe suffering from this anymore, so we brought in the person who'll help you ditch this feeling for good. In this video, peak performance expert Shadé Zahrai joins Vishen to discuss how to supercharge your life and improve your self-esteem by constructing your own reality, leveraging your self-awareness, and regaining control over your inner critic

• 0 replies
    • 5 Things People Who’ve Been Mentally Abused Do
      Do you know how common mental abuse is? According to The National Center for Biotechnology Information, 80 percent of the population has experienced some form of abusive relationship and behavior. However, despite how frequent it is, emotional abuse is still hard to spot. Unlike physical abuse, mental abuse doesn’t leave any visible scars; instead, it affects someone’s behavior, mindset, and mentality. This means some people deny they’ve been mentally abused, and others may not even recognize the toxic behavior. So, whether you’re reading this to be able to recognize emotional abuse in others or recognize it in yourself, these a few things people who’ve been mentally abused do are sure to help you be more empathetic and kinder.

• 0 replies
    • 5 Polarity Secrets to Attracting Love that Makes you Magnetic AF
      In this video, I'm going to show you the 5 most powerful ways to create polarity in order to attract love. Think of it like a magnet. If you have a magnet, it is going to attract, but also repel based on its polarity. If you have a positive and a positive and you put them together, guess what's gonna happen? They're going to repel each other. Same with a negative and negative. But when you have a positive and a negative, they clink right like this. The key to attracting love is embodying your own sense of polarity, which really is the authenticity of who you really are, letting go of what you are not so that you can attract love easier than ever. These are things that completely transformed my own life.

• 0 replies
    • 10 Signs You Are Fake Happy
      Are you happy, or are you putting on a fake smile? Fake happiness can be hard to detect, but if you know the signs you can spot it.

• 0 replies
    • Do You Gaslight Yourself?
      Do You Gaslight Yourself?
      • 0 replies