My boyfriend blocked me on everything. Advice?

medapop

So my boyfriend and I had an argument yesterday. Last night while I was sleeping he texted me saying if I don’t reply to his text messages he was going to block me. So I woke up this morning to find that he had blocked me on all social media and from texting/calling him. We have been dating for almost 6 months now. What should I do? Is he being childish? Do you think he will eventually come back?

I would say one of two things could be going on here:

1.) He wanted to find a reason to end things and this is how he went about it.

2.) He's immature and this is a tantrum in which he is trying to punish you.

Which ever one it is, it's not good and he won't be a good boyfriend or someone you can count on.

I would consider it over.

So my boyfriend and I had an argument yesterday. Last night while I was sleeping he texted me saying if I don’t reply to his text messages he was going to block me. So I woke up this morning to find that he had blocked me on all social media and from texting/calling him. We have been dating for almost 6 months now. What should I do? Is he being childish? Do you think he will eventually come back?

My guess is he wanted to break up with you and find a way to blame you, knowing you wouldn't reply to him during the night.

Yes, this is an extraordinarily childish move. I'd let myself stay blocked. This generally isn't the sort of person you're going to have a mature and rational conversation with, let alone a healthy relationship.

You could:

1. Wait for him to unblock you and resolve your argument

2. Wait for him to unblock you and tell him you are done

3. Find a way to get hold of him in person and resolve your argument or tell him you are done.

Yes he is being immature and childish but perhaps it was in response to something you said that was also immature and childish.

Yes he will come back. Question is not if it's when, and whether you really want to deal with someone that would cut off communication because you had an argument. I was married to someone like that and it was absolute torture.

I'm not sure what the point of blocking someone is if that person wants a response out of you. It seems very counterproductive.

The only thing I can think of that makes sense in my mind is if someone is going through some anxiety attack, for instance, and needs a response immediately due to trust issues or you cheating or being out for example and the assumption that you are not answering due to being preoccupied with something or someone else, outside the boundaries of the relationship.

I wouldn't push the matter. Let him speak to you if you want that. Otherwise, consider permanently blocking him instead if possible or whenever he resurfaces.

I vote for he becomes anxious and insecure whenever you don't jump like a puppy and immediately respond (not uncommon, read this forum! lol).

So he blocked you to teach you a "lesson" so you will be more immediately responsive to him going forward.

It's manipulative and controlling!

My advise, ignore him. His anxiety, his insecurities, need to control -- HIS problem, not yours.

From a lady who’s ex left her whilst she wasn’t even home and broke her heart, who went through the phase of wanting him back to now, the phase of thanking god he never came back, DO NOT CHASE HIM. he is no good if he leaves unexpectedly. He will only break your heart again and again. Let him go and move on to bigger and better things. Know your worth sweetheart

I'm 22 and he's 28 years old. The argument was about him not respecting me. I was in my nursing class the other day and he wouldn't stop texting me. I asked him nicely to please stop texting me because I couldn't focus. He however started texting me even more then. By the time I got out of class I had 70 text messages from him. So I brought it up how I don't like that he doesn't listen to me. Then he got angry, I went to sleep, and the next morning I was blocked.

I'm 22 and he's 28 years old. The argument was about him not respecting me. I was in my nursing class the other day and he wouldn't stop texting me. I asked him nicely to please stop texting me because I couldn't focus. He however started texting me even more then. By the time I got out of class I had 70 text messages from him. So I brought it up how I don't like that he doesn't listen to me. Then he got angry, I went to sleep, and the next morning I was blocked.

He seems unstable.. were there any signs of instability in his personality or character before this? This is just for your own learning and growth. Be wiser next time around when you date someone. These are not normal behaviours. Poor impulse control or lack of respect are not good signs.

He sounds like a loser and an abusive one at that.

I'm not sure what the point of blocking someone is if that person wants a response out of you. It seems very counterproductive.

The only thing I can think of that makes sense in my mind is if someone is going through some anxiety attack, for instance, and needs a response immediately due to trust issues or you cheating or being out for example and the assumption that you are not answering due to being preoccupied with something or someone else, outside the boundaries of the relationship.

I wouldn't push the matter. Let him speak to you if you want that. Otherwise, consider permanently blocking him instead if possible or whenever he resurfaces.

I vote for he becomes anxious and insecure whenever you don't jump like a puppy and immediately respond (not uncommon, read this forum! lol).

So he blocked you to teach you a "lesson" so you will be more immediately responsive to him going forward.

It's manipulative and controlling!

My advise, ignore him. His anxiety, his insecurities, need to control -- HIS problem, not yours.

I agree with the both of these as far as he did it to get a response and that hes got anxiety.

Im going to be the lone wolf here though and say this is an anxiety ridden relationship and he did it to alleviate that anxiety.

Anxiety makes you push people away, its a defense and coping mechanism. Its not always malicious.

Texting 70 times, Im going to guess his anxiety is super bad.

Doesnt make it right.

Doesnt mean the dysfunction is one sided either.

Youre feeding off of it, instead of leaving.In you, he found a willing participant. You complain but you stay, giving his anxiety the freedom to roam free.

Unfortunately he isn't going to change, you're a trigger, thats not your fault at all, its likely all women he dates are triggers, attempting to solve an issue while being exposed to your trigger constantly is the definition of treading water, you arent gonna get anywhere.

This has to end so he can heal or make someone else his punching bag or before it becomes abusive. Anxiety and insecurity can absolutely manifest itself in this manner.

You cannot fix this so unless you are willing to be at his beck and call and answer every single text he sends, theres no point. His blocking is a blessing honestly and if youre honest about not liking what hes doing you'll walk away and send a clear message you will not accept his action, personally id block him myself. But he wont change, he most likely cant without separation from you and help

At 28, he should be 13 or 14 years beyond this time of childish behavior. You obviously know him better than we do. Is this typical of him? My advice would be to let him make whatever move is to be made. I would not run after him. He's the one who blocked you

But, really, he seems obsessive. I'd wonder what good there is that you see in him.

Nurses rock! Thank you for going to school to become one!

He is 28, I thought he was 14. Wow!

He did you a favor. Now block and delete this jerk, and be done!

I would also address why you were with this creep, as I am certain that this is not the first time he has disrespected you. He sounds like an insecure, manipulative control freak!

I agree with the both of these as far as he did it to get a response and that hes got anxiety.

Im going to be the lone wolf here though and say this is an anxiety ridden relationship and he did it to alleviate that anxiety.

Anxiety makes you push people away, its a defense and coping mechanism. Its not always malicious.

Texting 70 times, Im going to guess his anxiety is super bad.

Doesnt make it right.

Doesnt mean the dysfunction is one sided either.

Youre feeding off of it, instead of leaving.In you, he found a willing participant. You complain but you stay, giving his anxiety the freedom to roam free.

Unfortunately he isn't going to change, you're a trigger, thats not your fault at all, its likely all women he dates are triggers, attempting to solve an issue while being exposed to your trigger constantly is the definition of treading water, you arent gonna get anywhere.

This has to end so he can heal or make someone else his punching bag or before it becomes abusive. Anxiety and insecurity can absolutely manifest itself in this manner.

You cannot fix this so unless you are willing to be at his beck and call and answer every single text he sends, theres no point. His blocking is a blessing honestly and if youre honest about not liking what hes doing you'll walk away and send a clear message you will not accept his action, personally id block him myself. But he wont change, he most likely cant without separation from you and help

Agree with all of this. I think if a person makes it far enough to 'boyfriend' there has to be more to him than simply a jerk. My first thought was a severe anxiety attack and it's not okay not to have it under control.

We don't really have enough to go on unless the OP shares more about the personality of her boyfriend. I'm really sorry you're going through all this confusion.

There is something very unhealthy with him, OP.

70 texts is not the behavior of someone who is doing well, emotionally. It is obsessive and intrusive. Whatever is fueling it, I would not tolerate it.

Him blocking you is your opportunity to end what sounds like a dysfunctional relationship.

Sorry this is happening. He sounds extremely immature, controlling and ridiculous. Delete and block him from all social media and messaging apps. Be glad this jerk gone and hope that he stay away for good. You need to date a better class of guys..

Last night while I was sleeping he texted me saying if I don’t reply to his text messages he was going to block me. So I woke up this morning to find that he had blocked me on all social media and from texting/calling him.

He's being childish. What kind of mess is that? If you don't respond right now, I'll block you? What in the world? Controlling much?

Can I ask how old you are? I'm hoping you're a teenager. I'm just really hoping this isn't a grown man acting childish like this.

Please understand that in order to solve a problem, you need communication. He has cut communication. He might be angry and might need a break but this is extremely toxic behavior and it even falls under emotionally abusive. He is denying contact with you because he's upset with you. That is abusive. It would be different if he asked for space. However, in a situation where he knows you're in distress because you can't contact him I find this abusive.

To me it's not different then flat out ignoring someones presence because you're angry with them.

I'm sure you're feeling some kind of panic because you can't contact him. I'm also sure he knows this and that's the point

He's being childish. What kind of mess is that? If you don't respond right now, I'll block you? What in the world? Controlling much?

Can I ask how old you are? I'm hoping you're a teenager. I'm just really hoping this isn't a grown man acting childish like this.

Please understand that in order to solve a problem, you need communication. He has cut communication. He might be angry and might need a break but this is extremely toxic behavior and it even falls under emotionally abusive. He is denying contact with you because he's upset with you. That is abusive. It would be different if he asked for space. However, in a situation where he knows you're in distress because you can't contact him I find this abusive.

To me it's not different then flat out ignoring someones presence because you're angry with them.

I'm sure you're feeling some kind of panic because you can't contact him. I'm also sure he knows this and that's the point

She said he's 28 and she's 22.

Archived