Just for the text of it

Again daggy, I understand. Don't let people make you feel bad for it. Not all of us have the luxury of going out, meeting people and having an easy time with it.

There's no shame in it or any reason to feel bad.

The only point I was making, was that at some point, if you do fancy a romance, best to meet them in person first. Then you'll know for certain what you're dealing with.

It is very difficult to tell online.

What does that mean? Don't you work or go to school? How do you support yourself? If you mean voluntarily hiding behind a screen and catfishing people yourself then that's not good either.

But being isolated the internet is the only way to stay in touch with friends.
What does that mean? Don't you work or go to school? How do you support yourself? If you mean voluntarily hiding behind a screen and catfishing people yourself then that's not good either.
I work on farm in the country on my own property and was just asking in the start how does one know where middle ground is in a relationship

Again, it's great to have an online community, online interests, gaming, forums, clubs, groups, social media, etc and online dating apps, but for romance you'll need to try to meet in person.

I work on farm in the country on my own property and was just asking in the start how does one know where middle ground is in a relationship
  • Like 1

A person comes here for help. Hasn't had great luck with dating in real life. Asks for help concerning online dating, and get's bullied and shamed to the point of leaving the forum

Real nice.

It would be good if people would not assume the worst and could have a bigger viewpoint that includes realizing that there are many shy, socially anxious, etc people in this world and that has a lot to do with why they choose to try to meet people online.

No, it's not ideal but sometimes it's all a person can do who is having difficulties.

I'd like to think this forum understands that and can be empathetic to that and not bully or make belittling assumptions.