Roasting The Breakup 'EXperts'*

Carus

Not a single one.

I’ve found the key to attraction is to simply focus on your own happiness. Like they say, happiness is magnetic, it attracts even when you may not want it too.

Energy, focus, and time are only awarded to the worthy. The worthy are only those who embrace all of the above. 👌

Same as the outlaw - watched a few of them, but fortunately found dating guy (who just started up about a year ago) and also Rory at the 'love chat", although he is a bit more commercial.

One of the first dating guy vids I watched was "Best Advice to Get an Ex Back" - Where he starts off by saying that we'll hate what he's about to say.

The second one I watched was "Why the 30-Day No Contact Rule is a Lie".

Eventually I got around to the one where he said you stop watching his videos.:D

Excellent stuff.

Thank you for your kind words, Katrina. My advice would be to not waste a penny nor second on anything from these charlatans. In my mind, anyone who tries to sell certainty to one of life’s greatest mysteries (love) is too short-minded to entertain.

I am incredibly empathetic to the stories here, and I can only say that the best certainty in any situation is self-certainty. Be your own rock and no matter what the tide of the day brings, you can weather it.

It’s easy to fall into the “gamblers fallacy” when in a relationship. When you’re up, you never think you will be down, and when you are down, you never think you will be back up. But you will.

Live a life you are proud of. That pride and happiness will emanate attraction from the opposite sex naturally. If you aren’t living a life you are proud of, gather the strength and self-certainty to start all over again.

Thank you for your kind words, Katrina. My advice would be to not waste a penny nor second on anything from these charlatans. In my mind, anyone who tries to sell certainty to one of life’s greatest mysteries (love) is too short-minded to entertain.

I am incredibly empathetic to the stories here, and I can only say that the best certainty in any situation is self-certainty. Be your own rock and no matter what the tide of the day brings, you can weather it.

It’s easy to fall into the “gamblers fallacy” when in a relationship. When you’re up, you never think you will be down, and when you are down, you never think you will be back up. But you will.

Live a life you are proud of. That pride and happiness will emanate attraction from the opposite sex naturally. If you aren’t living a life you are proud of, gather the strength and self-certainty to start all over again.

Amen. Beautiful.

Outlaw, I've read your posts and what I can't figure is why your ex girlfriends broke up with you in the first place?

From what you've posted, you treated them well. Appear confident, self-sufficient and quite attractive!

So curious why they left? Only to return? Do you truly believe it was cause you "John Wayned" them? Lol

Loved your analogy btw and agree!

Anyway, you are a very smart man for not succumbing, or perhaps by then you were over it anyway. :)

Wow! It's so crazy to come here months after my breakup and read this! When my ex first dumped me these videos were kind of the only thing that got me out of bed (which maybe was good for a little bit) but I would spend hours watching these videos and I would literally take notes. I have to say I am ashamed to say as a econ/business major I was almost compelled to purchase these services. I should have known at the time it was men/women trying to make money off of broken hearts. Thankfully I didn't. I mean what's not to say that maybe...just maybe they are trying to help but honestly their repeated videos of "using no contact" to make your ex miss you is totally wrong! Sadly had I not found these videos maybe I would have moved on faster, but since they kind of gave me false hope I hung around for a bit. Needless to say I didn't get back with my ex nor do I ever want to. I guess one good thing I can say is these videos were actually where I first learned about NC. Of course these experts use it more as a manipulation tool, however after about 2 months my desire to get my ex back became less and less to the point of where I am now!

Nice to see you Hopeful*. Glad you made it to the other side.

And thanks to everyone else who's posted on this thread; it's nice to see it getting a bit of action although it would be good to hear from people who actually did use those programs :)

I did just want to drop a quick note to re-iterate that the links in the original post are a guy taking the mickey out of those programs, NOT advocating them...

Extremely funny and well worth a look*

Carus*

There is an old Chinese proverb I quite like and also find quite apprapro for this thread.

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you give him the knowledge and tools that will feed him for a lifetime."

Carus, I have read many of these "experts'" advice (certainly not all), that cater to both men and women, and all they do (from what I've read) is give advice as to what "works," "how to's" and the like (from their perspective), but they don't teach you how to use your own intuition to discern interactions and dating situations, introspect or look within.

The latter of which builds confidence and that "self-certainty" Outlaw spoke about earlier.

The former resulting in one continuing to rely on others for the answers versus trusting yourself and your own intuition to make the right decisions, for yourself. Again, that "self-certainty" Outlaw spoke of earlier. Which is why we see the same posters returning with yet another dilemma, different face, same story.

There are some very good books and articles out there, written by reputable authors, about interpersonal relations, human behaviour and life in general, that teach, help to provide one with the emotional tools that will benefit them for a lifetime.

Rather than give certain strategies that may 'work' on one but not another, temporarily, but don't allow one to learn and grow, which again will benefit them for a lifetime..

Edited by katrina1980

• 3 weeks later...