Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

On the bus-off the bus, Life as a Military Spouse

Seraphim

48 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Holy crap. I saw the strike on my feed. That's crazy that it is impeding access on and off base!

Yeah, it is causing me a lot of anxiety. I know I have nowhere to go right now as I am working and I have a lot of room to roam on base it is just the idea I can’t leave when I please. You know ? After everything that has happened in 3 years it is just something else. I hope it settles soon. 

34 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

What are they asking for?

More money and ability for some to work from home . 

All of the civilian workers on base are on strike so that includes housing etc , so no repairs etc . All the social services functions of the government are on strike including Canada pension, old age , tax returns etc etc out on strike. Passports, anything the federal government operates. However, the military can’t as that is treason. 

29 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Yeah, it is causing me a lot of anxiety. I know I have nowhere to go right now as I am working and I have a lot of room to roam on base it is just the idea I can’t leave when I please. You know ? After everything that has happened in 3 years it is just something else. I hope it settles soon. 

I totally understand. I'm sorry you are in the thick of it. 

I hope it settles soon too. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Woohooo, Monday he got a letter from the pension board that he can retire if he chooses to on his birthday this year. After being ruled by the military since 1986 this could maybe be over. However, he is leaning towards staying. He is a soldier at heart and loves the life and structure and loyalty and discipline. My guess is he continues. 

• 1 month later...