'

Was it cold feet or was it me?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic!

I have decided I will reach out to him.

Not sure of what to say but will make it breezy and maybe linked to Xmas.

What ever happens, happens. At least I won't regret it like I have done now.

I feel in a good place for whatever the outcome.

So thanks for the support guys.

I've noticed I've done your heads in enough with other threads.

So I'll be done for a while posting about myself.

Really appreciate the advice on all my threads. Espicially this one and my first one :)

Good luck, and let us know.

You've inspired me, or at least have me thinking a bit about my own situation, so thank you for being so open.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay guys. I know I annoy you enough!

I haven't really been posting lately but I do like to keep up with other threads and give advice as it is a lovely place here.

Coming on here just now and giving my advice on a post made me think I should take the advice I've been given and reach out. I've been super busy this week. Keep going into the chat and then saying I'll do it tomorrow.

But tonight I was like why don't I take the plunge with a couple days before Christmas.

So I have decided to reach out and I've only seen his WhatsApp picture has changed from him with his family. To him with this girl I've never seen before... Must be a new gf?

I didn't think it would hit me so hard but guess that is why I am here writing.

Guess I'm really upset and this is the first time I feel as though I want to cry about the situation.

I feel a little pathetic putting that much thought into it. Thinking about him. Feeling sorry for his ED. Feeling sorry for the way his mates and co-workers said I was too good for him.

I've been on here doing your heads in for what reason.

I'm ranting again but need to get it off my chest.

I’m sorry.

I was one of the glass half empties.

Realistic or idealistic there’s no wrong way to be, you just are who you are.

I personally just really don’t think it’s a good idea to keep pushing someone after they break up with you no matter the reason behind the action they should be the one reaching out.

And I think staying hopeful after someone breaks up with you that they didn’t really mean it can really set yourself up to get hurt but you know what at the end of the day I think hopeful or not it would’ve stung. It was a cowardly way to end things.

Head high onward and upward

I'm sorry too, I was one of the glass half-full, only because I knew you really wanted to reach out, so encouraged it based on your being okay no matter which way it went.

Anyway, as upset as you are, I think it's actually good you saw this photo, as now you can finally put this to rest and move on.

As hurtful as it is right now, often times it's the realization that it's finally over for good that will result in your finally being able to "let go."

I know that's true for me anyway.

Give it a few days/weeks, this will all be nothing but a distant memory for you.

Stay strong and happy holidays! :D

Edit: One thing I am not understanding though, you called him a coward, how exactly is he a coward? He didn't ghost you, which is cowardly, did I miss something?

I'm sorry too, I was one of the glass half-full, only because I knew you really wanted to reach out, so encouraged it based on your being okay no matter which way it went.

Anyway, as upset as you are, I think it's actually good you saw this photo, as now you can finally put this to rest and move on.

As hurtful as it is right now, often times it's the realization that it's finally over for good that will result in your finally being able to "let go."

I know that's true for me anyway.

Give it a few days/weeks, this will all be nothing but a distant memory for you.

Stay strong and happy holidays! :D

Edit: One thing I am not understanding though, you called him a coward, how exactly is he a coward? He didn't ghost you, which is cowardly, did I miss something?

I know. I'll forget about it all eventually. Getting my thoughts all out in an essay. That helps me with things. Saves me texting. Just hope I don't send it.

Well looking at it... He did end it via text which is cowardly. Everyone else pointed out he was breaking up. I guess I was hopeful it wasn't and down to his issues.

Guess it must be something to do with me and him not being attracted to me that he couldn't stay hard for I don't know. Now he can perform and make another girl happy. I guess it's all assumptions.

Guess it's just temporary upset at the moment. Ignore me guys.

I know. I'll forget about it all eventually. Getting my thoughts all out in an essay. That helps me with things. Saves me texting. Just hope I don't send it.

Well looking at it... He did end it via text which is cowardly. Everyone else pointed out he was breaking up. I guess I was hopeful it wasn't and down to his issues.

Guess it must be something to do with me and him not being attracted to me that he couldn't stay hard for I don't know. Now he can perform and make another girl happy. I guess it's all assumptions.

Guess it's just temporary upset at the moment. Ignore me guys.

Please dont think that, his issues are his and most likely had absolutely nothing to do with you. Youre a beautiful girl! Let the sting pass, and it will,and get back to be you. Dont let him question who you are!

Please dont think that, his issues are his and most likely had absolutely nothing to do with you. Youre a beautiful girl! Let the sting pass, and it will,and get back to be you. Dont let him question who you are!

It's terrible that I feel this way now.

I can handle the rejection in a way. But there he is happy flaunting his new girlfriend.

Just feel like maybe I was the problem.

Guess I'll never know.

Sorry to do your heads in. I'm to embarrassed to go to my friends with this.

Sorry about the disappointment. Perhaps now is the time to delete and block him from all messaging apps and social media. It appears he's moved on.

I've only seen his WhatsApp picture has changed from him with his family. To him with this girl I've never seen before... Must be a new gf?

I mentioned it being cowardly because instead of saying, "this isnt working out for me", he did the " I cant make you happy" shtick.

Which in a round about way allowed her to question if he was serious about the breakup.

Me personally a break up, is a break up, is a break up. But a few interpreted his words to be his insecurity talking and not a genuine breakup, which as we now see, it was.

Dont put your sh*t onto others, and make them think their actions caused your sh*t. Its cowardly. Better than ghosting, but still kinda stank.