Cat allergic husband - any tips to make cohabitation easier

kuteknish

yea the judging is out of line. you had the cat before the man - yo don't just give away cats....

i don't know what the answer is - you may in fact want to ask your cat's vet what may be out there that can help. But in the end, there may be nothing you can do unless your man is willing to put up with it and be okay with it.

I am allergic to cats but had 2 of my own with my ex-fiancee and loved them dearly. With allergies you can never tell - i'm okay with many cats, but some cats just bring it out of me big time. So in the future it may not be a problem - just tet the cat out before you take it home. As for this cat - either you find somethign or you don't. either he can get thru it or he can't. The cat is older now so .... all you can do is see if somethign works and just make sure to test before taking on any new cats.

Good luck.

I think that you should get your husband to an allergist or better yet an immunologist. Use allerpet on the cat. And like it or not, your cat stays out of your bedroom and you wash your pillowcases daily or every other day. I am also going to suggest if its a brand new house - clean the carpets AND the clean the furnace/ducts out - have a company come do it. Who knows what has lived in the house over the years before you were there. SInce your cat is 14, they are not going to be around forever. I agree that rehoming would be cruel at that point and your husband might still have an allergy issue even when the cat is gone. He knew you had a cat when he started dating you, you know? have you ever given your cat a bath?

Archived