co worker who likes to BS a lot about dating and girls

joe45

was talking to a bunch of co workers at lunch time yesterday and one of them said hes going to china, vietnam for 6 months to try to find a wife. he said its easier there than here. he said as long as one can speak english your already up and ahead. he said he gave up on local women here. he said they re too indepedent here ,strong, good jobs, careers, lots womens right while its opposite in asia, so its easier to get a wife there.

he watns a partner who can cook. he said that a very basic need that lot women in canada cant do or wont do even if they are asian. hes a chinese guy. he said he knows lot asians girls who eat out all time and dont cook and he doesnt like that. he wants someone like his mom -that can cook and take care of family, hee said if he really likes here he dont mind doing 2 jobs to support her and their ffamily

i find guys who cant get girls loccally go aboard but wont admit it since they dont want hurt pride,

my co workers said he preffers a non canadian since he already has a canadian passport lol. wow what use is a china or vietnam passport lol

yea i noticed he makes a lot of excuses-like he got a girls number at our workshop but didnt even text or message her lol-why

hes 42 and has no career and said finding his passion but his younger bro is working in IT aready and married

he tells us he has lot rich friends who pay for his dinner. his friend joe would ask him out and he said yea ill go out with you if you pay for my dinner , he says you want my time then pay for my dinner he says.

these rich friends dont work since their families are loaded and own investments overseas lol.

he has no cellphone but says he has friends give him free cellphone but he rejects it lol- sounds like BS considering i know he loves anything for free lol, free fair day, free samples at grocery store

So.... is there a question in here? It is his life, he can do whatever he wants.

I think that the risk of going abroad and finding a wife there to bring back home can be that she is just using him as her meal ticket out of a poor country or bad situation. Some women will marry and then as soon as she gets citizenship or residency in a few years, will divorce him.

Personally, I don't think that the fear of cooking or not knowing how to cook is that common. I love to cook, but I do less and less because I'm single and travel a lot, so there's no point in making a big batch of anything because I don't have a family that will eat it. Sandwiches and salads are just easier than making a dish for 6-8 people. I like cooking when i have a boyfriend and can send him home with some food. Otherwise, I've had to modify recipes for fewer servings.

• Like 1

Joe 45, I don't have time to post a full reply (I will after work), but in short I'm travelling down the same path as your coworker. It wasn't something I intentionally set out to do, but i'm glad I did and it's been an amazing journey.

I can all ready see the the typical bias stereotype showing through. I can tell you there is no such thing as a mail order bride and women who look to date or marry overseas are very picky. As far as the men go, 90% are not socially deficient and can't find a woman locally, it's almost the opposite situation and I'm saying that based on experience after spending 2 years on foreign dating forums.

It's defiantly not an exercise for novice or inexperience daters to contemplate. It's a little bit of a high risk high reward situation and that's not regarding green card girls and gold diggers, which are easy to identify and represent such a small minority, it's hardly worth worrying .... I'll elaborate later.

If you actually knew the stats, your friend is being quite smart as he is more likely to have a failed marriage and end up financially screwed by marrying a local woman. The official stats for Eastern European / American marriages show that 80% of marriages last long term. I'd be surprised if Asian or Chinese stats aren't similar.

International marriages in all countries have far less divorce rates than local marriages. This shows that the typical stereotype it totally wrong, it's mainly due to a handful of the same horror stories being regurgitated across the Internet. If you know where to look, you'll find thousands of accounts of successful marriages and very happy people.

Edited by Matt0050

In the country I'm living now (not my home country) there are lots of men (mostly in their 40s and 50s) that marry women from Thailand and other Asian countries. Some of these couples seem happy but others you can see that the women only married them to escape poverty and move to Europe and their life is basically taking care of the house and having children. Many don't even know the language here and barely speak English either so they don't have friends or social life or anything besides their husbands who are the breadwinner and call all the shots. I think it works a bit like the "russian bride" thing. I'm not sure but I even think some of them buy these wives to their families or maybe there's some sort of agency or something that handles this.

But yes, I tend to think that men that do this it's not because they actually think local woman are low quality, but more like most of them can't get a local woman and want a submissive wife that has no life besides them and depends on them for everything.

• Like 1

He sounds like a loser. However this may be his cultural tradition. He may be headed back for an arranged-type marriage but doesn't want to admit that. Walk away from people shooting the bull if you don't want to hear it. Look at your phone and just say "got to go, see you later" and walk away.

hes a chinese guy. he wants someone like his mom

This is an unusual post since it's not clear what your motivation is - you seem to know a lot about this guy, have retained the details, and are apparently worked up enough about how he is doing his life to the point of posting about this. Since it's your only two posts, can't tell if you actually are this guy and are trying to get feedback from strangers in a forum of how you would be perceived, or you have the hots for him.

Either way, people have their own lives, hopefully you have more going on than worrying about this.

Tell him to start watching “90 Day Fiance”....my guiltiest pleasure.

All about Americans who find partners abroad, who then have 90 days once they hit U.S. soil, to either marry or go back to their home country.

In most cases, the Americans are like your friend; they are convinced that partners from other countries will be subservient, willing participants in their version of a “perfect” marriage. Reality is very different.

Me? I’d just start ignoring this guy. His racial/societal biases have nothing I want to hear.

According to your previous threads, it appears that you and your co-worker are having the same type of issues. Maybe it's time to distance yourself from him?

That seems like a good idea. Walk away when you can. And learn the fine art of tuning him out. I swear I would have gone mad by now if I kept up with some of my coworkers antics.