Why does this girl always tell me about her boy problems?

every once in a while, this close long distance friend of mine (of 3 years) tells me a story about how some boy is hitting on her or some drunken mishap she had with a boy at a party. It never gets sexual between them though. Just a lot of making out apparently. And she always stresses that her and this boy are strictly friends. She never dates ANY of these guys...even if she says she has a little crush on them. For one reason or another, things never quite work out. Then she always asks for my advice as to what she should do about them, even though i live an ocean away from her and she surely as friends from her home country she can ask.

It’s like a casual kinda thing for her to talk about this stuff and something I feel like she just genuinely likes talking about. I don’t understand why she has to talk to me about it though. I’m open to being wrong about that though

Now, she’s told me before she trusts and values me a lot, so that’s probably why she feels justified in telling me about these things, but WHY does she actually do this? Why me? Why not one of her girlfriends in her home country?

fyi: i don’t mind listening to her prattle about that kinda stuff, it doesn’t really annoy me. but i don’t get why it has to be ME...she’s a popular girl with tons of friends in her home country (more than me anyway lol (^ω^))

tl;dr - long distance friend occasionally tells me stories about guys who hit on her or guys she drunkenly makes out with. always asks me for advice as if i’m some love guru of sorts when i know she has better options. i know she probably does this because she trusts me a whole lot, but i don’t understand why she *actually* does it.

I think your answers are the same in your previous thread:

https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552950

I would add that you're her confessor. She can tell you anything. You're so far away.

Perhaps she isn't as popular as you think. She might have a reputation for maybe too overly friendly. Maybe she's a flirt and she really doesn't have any close friends.

But my advice would be the same as before. Find a girl near you. Go out on dates. This girl is just wasting your time.

And while I know she values and cares about me very much, I still wonder if it’s romantic at all.

From your previous thread on the same subject.

For the most part, I think when someone confides in you in there dating escapades, it's their way of letting you indirectly that you are nothing more than a friend or confident.

tl;dr - long distance friend occasionally tells me stories about guys who hit on her or guys she drunkenly makes out with. always asks me for advice as if i’m some love guru of sorts when i know she has better options. i know she probably does this because she trusts me a whole lot, but i don’t understand why she *actually* does it.

She probably just thinks you're a good listener.