Kind of a silly question. No contact.

Cnh41268

So my ex lived with me at one point and so we obviously changed his address to here. Well before I fully cut him off, I asked him for the confirmation number in the email USPS sent him when we changed it so then I could go back in and change it to his now new address. I asked him for the confirmation number and his new address so I could change it. He ignored me every time and would always change the subject. Now keep in mind, I do know where he lives, so it's not like he just doesn't want to give me the address. So now I am currently in no contact with him and today he sent me a screenshot of the email with the confirmation number but not his new address. I refuse to break no contact for any reason at all whatsoever but I do want his mail to stop coming here. So I was thinking of just messaging his brother for the address instead. (He lives with his brother.) Is that silly or should I just ask him again for the address or should I just do nothing at all? If I do nothing, he will never go in himself and change it and his mail will keep coming here. Please no negative replies. I have posted in here before and some people were really rude.

Just fill out another forwarding order sending the mail to his new address. If you get any of his mail, write the new address on the mail and throw it back in a letter box. If it's junk mail, just throw it away. The Post Office won't forward that stuff. Don't sweat it. And you don't have to contact him again.

I don't have the new address is what I am saying. So I was just going to message his brother asking for the address, as it is his brother's house he is living at now. I don't want to break no contact at all with him but feel kind of immature asking his brother for the address. Maybe I am just thinking about it too much. I'll just ask his brother.

Simply write "forward" or "no longer at this address" or "return to sender" on it and leave it in the mailbox. You can't tamper with anyone's mail, including a change of address request or form. Only he can do that. Tampering with USPS mail in any way is a federal crime. It's not your job to find out his forwarding address. Do not contact his people or make more unnecessary work for yourself. It's as easy as getting a pen and writing that on the envelope.

I asked him for the confirmation number and his new address so I could change it. I do want his mail to stop coming here. So I was thinking of just messaging his brother for the address instead. he will never go in himself and change it and his mail will keep coming here.

Simply write "forward" or "no longer at this address" or "return to sender" on it and leave it in the mailbox. You can't tamper with anyone's mail, including a change of address request or form. Only he can do that. Tampering with USPS mail in any way is a federal crime. It's not your job to find out his forwarding address. Do not contact his people or make more unnecessary work for yourself. It's as easy as getting a pen and writing that on the envelope.

^^ This is what I was going to say.

Don't contact his brother, or anyone else in his life. Your ex is playing games with you.

It is not your responsibility to provide the USPS with his new forwarding address. It's his.

I'd write him one last, one-line email: "Please complete a USPS change of address form, as all mail will be placed back in the mailbox with "Return to Sender, no longer at this address" on it.

And then, start writing that on each piece of mail immediately, and place it back in the mailbox. Don't even wait for a response from him. Even if you get a response, don't answer it. Simply let him know.

^^ This is what I was going to say.

Don't contact his brother, or anyone else in his life. Your ex is playing games with you.

It is not your responsibility to provide the USPS with his new forwarding address. It's his.

I'd write him one last, one-line email: "Please complete a USPS change of address form, as all mail will be placed back in the mailbox with "Return to Sender, no longer at this address" on it.

And then, start writing that on each piece of mail immediately, and place it back in the mailbox. Don't even wait for a response from him. Even if you get a response, don't answer it. Simply let him know.

Exactly what they said. I had to do the same with my ex, along with the process for removing all her belongings.

Do NOT tamper with the address as that can come back to bite you. Anytime I would get her mail I would circle her name, write “not at address, return to sender”, eventually it stopped comming here.