Pretty broken today, I guess Cause I still care for her. We had developed a friendship after our break up. Although she has moved on with someone new we were able to remain friendly. I wished her hbd a few months ago and recently mine had just last and nothing. So I guess I remain broken cause I still had hope she cared? I know she doesn’t have to but I thought we were friends and it pretty much feels like crap

Yeah, see, you're not over her and trying to be "friends" was not a good idea. You have to go No Contact and move on with your life. You're holding yourself back by expecting her to "still care" and to exchange birthday wishes. She has a boyfriend and a lot of people feel it's inappropriate to stay in touch with old boyfriends. She's moved on and you have to too.

Pretty broken today, I guess Cause I still care for her. We had developed a friendship after our break up. Although she has moved on with someone new we were able to remain friendly. I wished her hbd a few months ago and recently mine had just last and nothing. So I guess I remain broken cause I still had hope she cared? I know she doesn’t have to but I thought we were friends and it pretty much feels like crap

Unfortunately, friendships with exes - especially when one has found a new partner - rarely remain close. I know it's disappointing, but let this be your sign that you cannot be friends with her.

Very true sweet girl you think she was seeing how a date would go or something? Also idk why she’s still only in her early 20s her new bf is mid 20s and I’m lately I can’t stop thinking about them getting married is that ridiculous or idk why all sudden a few months later It’s like the whole break up all over again only the break up was a year ago rekindled 6 months later from that stupidly hooked up went n/c again realized I wanted her in my life now here we are 😞

At times I feel it’s memories too, but I also have days were I am so sick cause I hate the thought of being with someone else. I wasn’t the best. She was my first real realationship so I expressed my sadness with anger at times with certain things I see weren’t a big deal. Other than that we were basically a married couple always together, slept together every night went to work and repeat. It kills me knowing she could end up with this man but it also kills me cause even if I could Idk if I could take her back after she’s been with someone else i just feel so sick out of nowhere about her all sudden!

The problem is I was doing fine for 6 months I had my days but yesterday and today the feelings are very strong

I think you have been holding on to hope all this time, even knowing she was with someone else. But when she didn't reach out on your birthday, it reminds you that she indeed has other priorities now and you are not in the forefront of her mind anymore.

That's my guess as to why that was particularly hard for you to digest.

I think a lot of it has to do with last year I look back this time last year I was with her almost starting dating again from concerts and spending my bday and the 4th down the shore. Stupidly we got drunk and hooked up a few times one time just had a long talk and we kissed and it really sucks cause I hate that I lost all that. I talk to new girls but nothing crazy. They ask to hang and I’m just like eh where as if my ex asked me id drop everything to be with her. I wish there was some one before her so every little thing she did didn’t get me upset and turn into a fight I’m sick about it but feel a little better

You never know what's around the corner in life. She may come back, you may meet someone new that you develop feelings for. One things for sure though, you have to keep on keeping on, keep living YOUR life to find out...

Archived