I’ve been thinking about my ex recently

Recently I’ve been thinking about my ex. We left off on weird terms were she was talking to a guy (dating him now) but while talking she’d send me pics of us and asked me to go out to eat at our favorite resturant when we were dating, I rejected her on all her request to meet up she made a video talking about me and a few days later starting dating this guy lol. I’ve seen her a few days ago and she was really noisy about a new job opprunity I have while talking to a buddy about it. I’ve been dating but nothing serious I liked this one girl but things were awkward so we both kinda called it off I think on my end is because I still kinda feel funny that it’s not my ex. I guess the best way to describe my relationship with my ex is a Ross racheal kinda way were neither of us are going anywhere any time soon so I’ll always be stuck seeing her because of mutual and work. But idk why I’ve been thinking of her maybe cause of loneliness. I’m not really sure but I overcame ignoring places I’ve been to with her and went with others such as the shore or concert centers.

That's what it is, just loneliness. And you keep seeing her at work. That keeps you from healing and moving on. You just have to keep doing your best to ignore her. Keep dating and eventually you will find someone to get your mind off her.

Good work on taking back some of that emotional territory (going back to places you had been together etc). That's an important step. Keep doing so, and try to think of the places you go - even if she is there - as YOUR places, and the things you do as YOUR actions. Be as present as you can and try not to drift too much to the past and the future.

It's going to take a lot longer to heal with her around, so you kind of have to either ride through that, or make some bold steps to distance yourself even further. I didn't make real headway with my ex until she got married and moved of town - stage 12 clinger right here. But if you stay focused you can do pretty well. Keep dating, but don't try to compare them to your time with your ex. You need to not only meet new people, but also rediscover yourself.

Any reason she did all that while talking to this guy did I push her closer to him cause she kept asking me to go out and I kept rejecting the invitations? She seemed bitter about it and made a video. Now she’s noisy and kinda interacts with me at work and social media nothing crazy but idk

Archived