Believing you are good enough

I’m 21 and we dated for almost five years. We were together through some huge moments in our lives. She ended it because she wanted to pursue her career and we both needed personal growth. I had similar feelings but this was both our first relationship and I was unwilling to see it end at the time. It’s been a couple weeks since it ended and we have been pretty much NC. I have always been the deeper thinker so it seems I am taking it harder. I’ve developed a self destructive belief that I’m not good enough for future relationships. I know I have a lot of good things coming my way but I always envisioned her there in some sort of capacity. Any advice for getting through self doubt and believing you are good enough? Could really use it right about now, thank you.

This may sound silly but get on your phone and download some free meditation apps. I thought it was a dumb idea until I tried it.

It really can help clear your mind of bad thoughts and change your outlook on life. I listen to this stuff before going to bed and it helps me fall asleep quickly.

The good news is you're still young. You didn't have to get divorced so it did'nt cost you your life savings, you don't have kids so you don't have any custody battles to fight and you don't have to pay any child support.

I'd trade with you in a heartbeat. Just know if can be much much much worse :)

Now if you are ever dumb enough to get married, make sure it's to a woman who won't leave you, steal your kids and take all your money like mine did :) Then you'll really have some things to be sad about.

This may sound silly but get on your phone and download some free meditation apps. I thought it was a dumb idea until I tried it.

It really can help clear your mind of bad thoughts and change your outlook on life. I listen to this stuff before going to bed and it helps me fall asleep quickly.

The good news is you're still young. You didn't have to get divorced so it did'nt cost you your life savings, you don't have kids so you don't have any custody battles to fight and you don't have to pay any child support.

I'd trade with you in a heartbeat. Just know if can be much much much worse :)

Now if you are ever dumb enough to get married, make sure it's to a woman who won't leave you, steal your kids and take all your money like mine did :) Then you'll really have some things to be sad about.

+1 .

Don't discount the fact that you've spent a quarter of your life and your entire adult life with this girl.

It's going to take a while to find who you are without her, but you will. Make sure you allow yourself to grieve, and know that you are a normal and valuable human. Good luck sir.

Archived