Open Club  ·  45 members

Off Topic

Is Anyone Else Watching The Royal Wedding?

katrina1980

Oh, that would not surprise me at all, if Hewitt was Harry's bio-dad rather than Charles. They do look rather alike:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-harry/11315109/Prince-Harry-was-fathered-by-James-Hewitt-new-play-claims.html

But I suppose we'll never find out!

I've always thought William was extremely handsome, looking so much like his mother. But I agree with you on Harry's rugged handsomeness. It's so nice to see the brothers so close, and my, they both looked so handsome in their military uni's!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that would not surprise me at all, if Hewitt was Harry's bio-dad rather than Charles. They do look rather alike:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-harry/11315109/Prince-Harry-was-fathered-by-James-Hewitt-new-play-claims.html

But I suppose we'll never find out!

I've always thought William was extremely handsome, looking so much like his mother. But I agree with you on Harry's rugged handsomeness. It's so nice to see the brothers so close, and my, they both looked so handsome in their military uni's!

Harry looks just like a Spencer. Lots of redheads in Spencer family .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Spencer,_5th_Earl_Spencer. The fifth Earl Spencer was known as the Red Earl. And if you look at his uncle the current Earl Spencer they look a lot alike .

Well since we are being so honest, yes William does resemble his mom, too much.

He looks rather, well, effeminate ....... to me.

Not a bad looking man by any stretch just not my particular style, physically.

But Harry? The total package, looks, physique, independent, daring, risk-taker, non-conformist but also sensitive, in fact there was a time he was even considering leaving the royal family, as he didn't believe in their values and it caused him a lot of stress and anxiety!

He was (is) also a huge humanitarian, which is a very appealing quality to me.

Total package!!

Harry looks just like a Spencer. Lots of redheads in Spencer family .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Spencer,_5th_Earl_Spencer. The fifth Earl Spencer was known as the Red Earl. And if you look at his uncle the current Earl Spencer they look a lot alike .

That's true but what strikes me are their personalities too.

James Hewitt and Harry have similar personalities, not just looks.

James Hewitt being a bit of a bad boy, risk taker, non-conformist, and *player* which Harry was rumored to be as well.

William is, and always has been, much more proper, like Prince Phillip.

But as LHGirl said, we will never know for sure.

Edited by katrina1980

That's true but what strikes me is the personalities too.

James Hewitt and Harry have similar personalities, not just looks.

James Hewitt being a bit of a bad boy, risk taker, non-conformist, and *player* which Harry was rumored to be as well.

William is, and always has been, much more proper, like Prince Philip.

But who knows!

Actually Philip’s daughter Anne and his son Andrew are far more like him. The Duke of Edinburgh is not all that “proper .” He is quite the risk taker himself . And very outspoken to the point of blunt and rude on occasion .

Actually Philip’s daughter Anne and his son Andrew are far more like him. The Duke of Edinburgh is not all that “proper .” He is quite the risk taker himself . And very outspoken to the point of blunt and rude on occasion .

Yeah I read that about Prince Andrew.

You are probably right, as I said I just wondered about it.

Just read something funny.

Just prior to meeting on their first date (blind date), Harry told his driver to give him ten minutes just so she could tell her friends she had lunch with a prince, and then intervene so he could bail.

He arrives 40 minutes late and upon his arrival, Meghan's first words were "I won't accept compliments until you apologize for being 40 minutes late."

The lunch ended up lasting hours and the rest is history.

Gotta love this couple!!

Me too. Agreed.

How so, in what way? From seeing her in photos?

Like Harry, she's done strong humanitarian work, long before she met Harry, so that's real.

She has always been very outspoken, at age 11 she wrote a letter to Procter and Gamble about depicting women as homemakers; her letter convinced them to change "women" to "people" - she was 11!

So that's real.

She has always been outgoing, an extrovert, a "people" person, with a strong presence, long before she met Harry.

So that's real.

However, I do understand gut feelings, so not gonna question yours, like I said before so interesting how people can see things so differently!

It's just a gut feeling. Something disingenuous about her. It's not about facts and figures of things she's done.

I did not feel this way about Kate. I always liked Kate, and she has proven herself to be every bit the wife, mother, and royal that I always thought she would be. She has a low-key elegance that is very admirable.

I do like Harry. :D

Well, I do agree with you about Kate, and even Diana; Meghan certainly does not share their grace and quiet elegance but I think that is precisely what Harry finds so appealing about her!

I think we might see that change though as she grows into this role.

But again, I understand gut feelings, so won't question yours.

Not seeing it myself, but that doesn't mean anything!

I hope you're wrong though, cause I adore Harry, he's been through a lot of crap in his life (more so than William), and deserves someone real and genuine who loves him! :D

Edited by katrina1980

It's just a gut feeling. Something disingenuous about her.

Completely agree! I read an article that said she is really up her own butt and that she always thought she was better than everyone else. Any kind of like I might have had for her went down the drain after that.

She does act phony and like she thinks something is owed to her...gag. Definitely not royalty to me.

Ok so I am seriously trying to understand your feelings.

You liked her but then read an article and stopped liking her?

She doesn't act like royalty so you think she acts like something is owed to her?

That said, I do find it odd that none of her friends or family (other than her mom) came to the wedding, so there might be something to what you're thinking.

And she also essentially dissed her own family by saying the royal family was her family now.

Which really hurt her "real" family as her brother said she had a very normal and loving childhood despite her parents divorce.

God I hope not, cause again Harry does not deserve that!

Feeling kinda sick now thinking about it.

There were only 600 seats in the chapel, as opposed to 1900 for Will & Kate’s, due to chapel size difference. With that small a number, why did Oprah get a seat? She met Meghan’s mom once for a few minutes. Literally, once. And all the other celebs. But none of Meghan’s family or friends, other than that one with the sons. Her cast mates were there, along with celebs. Of course Elton John belongs, being that he was so close to Lady Di. But George & Amal? Serena Williams? And yes, Oprah?

It just seemed like such a huge photo opp.

As opposed to Will & Kate’s, which had tons of their school friends and her entire family.

Kate’s family had to sit behind the celebrities. As did the Spencers (Princess Di’s family). I’m sorry, but I find it shameful.

Completely agree! I read an article that said she is really up her own butt and that she always thought she was better than everyone else. Any kind of like I might have had for her went down the drain after that.

She does act phony and like she thinks something is owed to her...gag. Definitely not royalty to me.

Yes, there are many articles and stories out there about her saying much the same. She’s a charmer. But very surface-level, would sell out her own family for fame.

She’s gorgeous, I’ll give her that. I can see why he fell so hard for her.

Just prior to meeting on their first date (blind date), Harry told his driver to give him ten minutes just so she could tell her friends she had lunch with a prince, and then intervene so he could bail.

He arrives 40 minutes late and upon his arrival, Meghan's first words were "I won't accept compliments until you apologize for being 40 minutes late."

Sorry, but this story makes me like him less.

If anyone on this board wrote this, we'd jump on them:

--Blind date shows up 40 minutes late, and he had told his driver to intervene after 10 minutes, just so she could tell her friends she had lunch with a VIP, so he could bail.

We'd call that a jerk. An arrogant one.

Edited by LHGirl