Should I bring something when her friends are coming?

Kevin1995

Hey!

So my girlfriend invited me over to her house with her friends coming as well. I’m also sure I will be seeing her parents too so I’m wondering if I should bring something to her family? Her friends?

I don’t think I will be having dinner with her family this day but I think that it is possible that her mother would ask me to come next time for that.

Also what does it mean when someone are very challenging?

I felt pressured to make a new nickname for my girlfriend. I first called her «Vanish» because her name starts with «V» but her friend Victoria said that she came up with that nickname first. So she was basically challenging me or saying that I have to come up with something new.

I said «Vanessa hudgens» and they both went quite. I think she don’t like to be called that because she was being called that when she was 14-15 ish

Victoria’s boyfriend was also challenging me saying that he could tackle me the other day.

I like challenges but not in the way that I feel pressured to... should I tell Victoria?

Kevin, you seriously overthink everything.

I don't get why it's imperative you come up with a nickname for her. Also why you don't just ignore that guy who said that about tackling.

You're your own worst enemy! Give yourself a break!

I know but she has a nickname for me and I can’t even come up with something so I kinda feel bad... it feels more personal when you have it

Also what does it mean when someone are very challenging?

I felt pressured to make a new nickname for my girlfriend. I first called her «Vanish» because her name starts with «V» but her friend Victoria said that she came up with that nickname first. So she was basically challenging me or saying that I have to come up with something new.

I said «Vanessa hudgens» and they both went quite. I think she don’t like to be called that because she was being called that when she was 14-15 ish

Victoria’s boyfriend was also challenging me saying that he could tackle me the other day.

I like challenges but not in the way that I feel pressured to... should I tell Victoria?

This is messy kid stuff. I'd skip it. Life is tough enough without inventing stuff to get defensive about.

When someone is hosting, it's kind to offer them a small host/hostess gift or something that 'can' be shared with the group--but they are not obligated to share it. I'd make it a private offering rather than making a show of it. It can be a small flower arrangement, but it should be self contained and not require the host to find a vase and tend to it while trying to entertain guests.

This is messy kid stuff. I'd skip it. Life is tough enough without inventing stuff to get defensive about.

When someone is hosting, it's kind to offer them a small host/hostess gift or something that 'can' be shared with the group--but they are not obligated to share it. I'd make it a private offering rather than making a show of it. It can be a small flower arrangement, but it should be self contained and not require the host to find a vase and tend to it while trying to entertain guests.

I'm not going to bring something... Since my girlfriend is the host she is already out with her friends buying things to share for tomorrow.... But i agree that normally you would bring something.

As my dad says, knock with your feet, not your hands. You should always bring something to someone’s house, whether it’s wine and food or something else.

True but I will bring wine when her parents invite me over for dinner :) Thinks it's a bit unnecessary when it's just a hang out. Also she is in town with her friends buying snacks and stuff for tomorrow so It's no need for me to bring something. Thanks for the advice!

If the house belongs to your girlfriend, you should discuss what would be helpful for you to bring. if she is cooking dinner, you pick up things that make it more convenient for her - offer to pick up the bread from the bakery, the beverages, whatever -- its not a "formal gift' because you are a couple -- you just bring what frees her time up and is helpful. if this is her parents home, have you met them before? If you know them, ask what type of side dish you can bring. If its at the girlfriend's house, you are under no obligation to purchase ANYTHING for the other guests personally. If you are going to the parents home for the first time, its not negative to ask the girlfriend what mom/dad like to drink. But be aware not everyone drinks.

If the house belongs to your girlfriend, you should discuss what would be helpful for you to bring. if she is cooking dinner, you pick up things that make it more convenient for her - offer to pick up the bread from the bakery, the beverages, whatever -- its not a "formal gift' because you are a couple -- you just bring what frees her time up and is helpful. if this is her parents home, have you met them before? If you know them, ask what type of side dish you can bring. If its at the girlfriend's house, you are under no obligation to purchase ANYTHING for the other guests personally. If you are going to the parents home for the first time, its not negative to ask the girlfriend what mom/dad like to drink. But be aware not everyone drinks.

It's her parents home since my girlfriend lives with them. I don't personally know them I have just said hi and that's it.

And now you want to break up because you will be jealous of other guys there? You need to decide what you want. Did you know that there are several very treatable anxiety-related conditions that leave someone paralyzed by indecisiveness? As well as the torment and ruminating over everything and social difficulties that go along with it?

I'm not going to bring something..

Archived