Making plans with with friends and someone takes over.

Hi, I’d just like some advice about whether I’m just being sensitive about this or whether I’m justified to feel a bit put out.

Anyway, recently I asked a group of friends whether they would like to get together for a ladies only night for food and a few drinks. Then when they all said they would I picked a date and asked what they’d like to do with the intention of arranging it. A few suggestions were put out there and I didn’t log on for a few hours. Now one of them has picked a place and rang if they can accommodate us (which they can). She has said she can book it and is willing to pay for it. Now when I seen it was almost booked I was put out that she’d Just organised it all even tho I was the one who suggested going out.

Unfortunately the place picked is not my cup of tea. Should I be justified for thinking that she’s just took over or should I just suck it up and be glad someone is willing to help and I’m just being a little bit too sensitive.

It'd be one thing if you'd come up with a concrete time and place and someone went ahead and booked everyone elsewhere. But, at least going off what you've written, nothing suggests you put yourself in any kind of hosting position to be usurped. Someone just helped facilitate the open idea.

She hasn't booked it yet. Just say it isn't your cup of tea and figure out something that works for all of you.

Honestly it just sounds like a group of friends trying to make plans. If you needed to be the party planner and final say in everything why not offer what you want to do fully instead of asking your friends for options?

I think the suggestion should have been made, then everyone should have decided as a group. I do a lot of friend organizing, and this is usually how we roll.

It's great she is paying for it :)

Thanks for the replies! I think I’m on red alert with this girl as a while back I organised a camping trip with the date and place and as there was a chance of rain, the night before we were due to go she messaged the group and said her and another girl weren’t gonna go and we should all go to theirs for food instead. I think I’m looking out for any little thing now lol

Thanks for the replies! I think I’m on red alert with this girl as a while back I organised a camping trip with the date and place and as there was a chance of rain, the night before we were due to go she messaged the group and said her and another girl weren’t gonna go and we should all go to theirs for food instead. I think I’m looking out for any little thing now lol

What she did was not cool. It should have come through you.